Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i tried downloading web os dr using this link but it said that the file was not supported...
    help please?? trying to fix some lagging and battery drain and i think web os doctor can help...

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    BTW...I have verizon and 1.4.5....
    thanks in advance for help!
    lol you have to download it to ypur PC, not your phone!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ok, I am an *****. Can you walk me thriugh the steps or link me to the right place with the steps?
    Here are the instructions for using the program.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirly View Post
    ok, I am an *****. Can you walk me thriugh the steps or link me to the right place with the steps?
    no, you are smart for having a pre and diving in to homebrew. Once you get rolling, you are gonna love it.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    thanks!! What should I uninstall before running it? Any patches? And do I need to backup my ringtones and pics?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Back up your ringtones and pics to a folder on your computer/laptop via usb mode. (or wifi media sync or dropbox) webos doc will erase everything including patches so uninstalling is not necessary. (correct me if I'm wrong). Point is webos doctor brings everything back to factory state.
    You may consider to use save/restore from webos internals to save some app settings. Also before using save/restore you can save the currently installed apps and patches for ease reinstall after doctoring in preware.
    EDIT: You should make sure to understand what will not restored after the webos doc. Make sure you have a actual backup at palm profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Back up your ringtones and pics to a folder on your computer/laptop via usb mode. (or wifi media sync or dropbox) webos doc will erase everything including patches so uninstalling is not necessary. (correct me if I'm wrong). Point is webos doctor brings everything back to factory state.
    I have Doctored my phone over five times now and not once has it erased anything on my USB storage. New versions of the Doctor no longer erase that portion. So no need to worry
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ^ +1

But just in case I copy my entire USB drive to my PC so I can restore anything I want.

Keep in mind any data stored on the phone (Dr. Podder, Messages, etc.) that are not cloud stored will be lost unless you save them in some manner.
    Dan
    +1

the doctir doesn't erase the usb storage area.