Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I go to high school and i am not able to silent text messages and i've tried everything. is there any patch or something
    yes
  3.    #3  
    soo u know anything
    do you have preware? There sre at least two. I am on my phone so I can't lok up the patch names until I get stationary.

you will have no problem recognizing them in the preware patch list.
    Open the messaging app. Go to preferences by tapping the upper left corner. In the place that says 'alert', tap 'mute'.

It will silence your texts without Preware.

nnb

I'd say something about paying atention in class, but I use this so texts don't make noise at work, so i'mma stay off my high horse
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    Open the messaging app. Go to preferences by tapping the upper left corner. In the place that says 'alert', tap 'mute'.

It will silence your texts without Preware.

nnb

I'd say something about paying atention in class, but I use this so texts don't make noise at work, so i'mma stay off my high horse
    This or the really silent ringer mute patch.

Or just turn your ringer switch off....
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    You can also use a silent MP3 file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    This or the really silent ringer mute patch.

Or just turn your ringer switch off....
    with the ringer off, it still vibrates. A bat eared teacher (or in my case Project Manager) can hear that. Putting it on mute means that it doesn't make any noise. Understandably, some folk want to hear texts, but it isn't that important to me. I just look at the blinky light.
    the 'really silent' ringer patch shoukd do what you want, so give it a try. I just turned off txt notifications because I can't risk people hearing that. Amazing design flaw by palm...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    with the ringer off, it still vibrates. A bat eared teacher (or in my case Project Manager) can hear that. Putting it on mute means that it doesn't make any noise. Understandably, some folk want to hear texts, but it isn't that important to me. I just look at the blinky light.
    You can change it so it doesnt vibrate when muted.
    Vibrate is the best for texts. I can't even imagine a teacher hearing it. Sometimes I don't even feel it lol.
    Try saying SSSShhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the 'really silent' ringer patch shoukd do what you want, so give it a try. I just turned off txt notifications because I can't risk people hearing that. Amazing design flaw by palm...
    Did I miss something? Design flaw? I do the same thing that Biggnaa mentioned and it works, no tone, no vibrate - when mine vibrates for a text it can still be heard such as a funeral or meeting...ask me how I know. Then I found the above steps Biggnaa mentioned when I was looking around on the phone figuring there had to be a way to silence it and there it was!

Just curious if I missed something is all.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by abid786 View Post
    You can change it so it doesnt vibrate when muted.
    Yes. That's what my first post said.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Vibrate is the best for texts. I can't even imagine a teacher hearing it. Sometimes I don't even feel it lol.
    I respectfully disagree.

I can hear phones on vibrate quite easily, but it might be because my ears are attuned to it. I am sure that a teacher's ears will be as well.

In response to the "design flaw" comment, I DO wish there was a way to separate text noises from IM notifications, but silencing them all works fine for me.

nnb
    Mode Switcher !
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Can't you just select MUTE in the Accounts and Preferences of the messaging app?
    Dan
    just turn the friggin' phone off while in class.
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    just turn the friggin' phone off while in class.
    ditto!
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    As a teacher, I can confirm that I can hear a phone vibrate in class. I'm also not one of those teachers who freaks out over it, just as long as my students don't take the phone out and answer it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast