1.    #1  
    I'm coming from an Android and on the Android Market, if you purchased an app, you had 24 hours to return that app (uninstall and refund to credit card). Is there anything like that for the Palm catalog?

Thanks
    Nope no use. Just enjoy your time I just saved you from trying to haggle tech support.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    The policy is: no returns.
  4.    #4  
    Damn, alright, thanks for the heads up, will definitely look into apps before I purchase them. It was nice with Android because you can try out an app and if you don't like it, return it within 24 hours, but you can only do it once per app, so if you buy an app, return it, if you want it again, you have to buy it but this time no option for returning it. I think Palm should try and implement a strategy like this, I don't really see the loss for them..
    No. Try a free or lite version first if available.
    I don't care too much for android but I have to say they did great on that concept. Apps are so hard to tell by their descriptions sometimes if they will do what you want them to. Not every app has a trial either. For example one app may sa it does this this and this, but the way it does it doesn't end up working for you later. Or maybe you thougt the app was supposed to do this and didn't. There are plenty of scenarios and in the end a return policy would be nice.
    Do note our app catalog is still in it's infancy and Palm is always looking for ways to expand the app catalog to provide You the consumer the best experience possible. We will not always get everything right just by putting something together ourselves it's always helpful to get feedback from the most important people that have the phone and that's not any Palm employee, believe me your opinion matters more than my own.

I encourage anyone who has feedback on how Palm can improve the app catalog or any aspect of the device to send it to us Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Do note our app catalog is still in it's infancy and Palm is always looking for ways to expand the app catalog to provide You the consumer the best experience possible. We will not always get everything right just by putting something together ourselves it's always helpful to get feedback from the most important people that have the phone and that's not any Palm employee, believe me your opinion matters more than my own.

I encourage anyone who has feedback on how Palm can improve the app catalog or any aspect of the device to send it to us Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Just did, hopefully they listen to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Do note our app catalog is still in it's infancy
    Maybe that's true but some type of refund policy (within 24 hours of purchase?) should have been there from day one. Here it is over a year later and there still isn't one?

Does Palm really need feedback to implement something like that? Didn't that thought cross anyone's mind when the app catalog was developed?
    I think they will add that to the app catalog in a future release. Lots of us have crabbed at palm for not doing this after having seen it in the iphone and android stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Maybe that's true but some type of refund policy (within 24 hours of purchase?) should have been there from day one. Here it is over a year later and there still isn't one?

Does Palm really need feedback to implement something like that? Didn't that thought cross anyone's mind when the app catalog was developed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think they will add that to the app catalog in a future release. Lots of us have crabbed at palm for not doing this after having seen it in the iphone and android stores.
    I didn't realize that the iPhone had this too. One thing that may influence the thinking is that a number of application incompatibility exists in both of those worlds. iPhone apps run on more than just the latest hardware and some apps only work on latest or don't work on iTouch etc. The Android world is even more fragmented and so a return policy helps eliminate the "didn't work on my phone" complaints.

I would love this to be part of the webOS AppStore. I will put my two cents in asking for this from Palm/HP.
    They don't have a return policy, but I heard that they will make it available to be able to purchase onto your phone bill and have such an option available in the future. But alas, nothing today.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    FYI, the ANdroid Market just changed their return policy to 15 minutes.... they claim that most of their refund requests come within 15 minutes.

Personally, I think every app should work free for 24 hours, then require purchase to continue. Not sure how hard that would be, but it sure would make it easier for people to try/buy good apps, and not feed dollars to really bad apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I didn't realize that the iPhone had this too. One thing that may influence the thinking is that a number of application incompatibility exists in both of those worlds. iPhone apps run on more than just the latest hardware and some apps only work on latest or don't work on iTouch etc. The Android world is even more fragmented and so a return policy helps eliminate the "didn't work on my phone" complaints.

I would love this to be part of the webOS AppStore. I will put my two cents in asking for this from Palm/HP.
    Palm has eliminated the "didn't work on my phone" complaint due to you will only see apps that are intended for your device in your region.

A Pre Plus on Verizon will not see an app that is listed as only being compatible with the Palm Pre on Sprint and likewise.

If the app doesn't work on your phone your complaint is then with the developer who said it would.

(that's not to rule out any realm of a possibility of there being a refund policy put in place one day).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Due to the fact Palm apps store is not in the same league as Android/iOS yet, my question would be how long has the 24hr rule been in effect, and is the 24hr rule also on WP 7 or other fewer app catalogs.

Like others, I would love to have the 24hr rule.