Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just updated to 1.4.5 and doctored my phone. trying to install preware through webos quickinstall and I cannot access usb mode. When I connect my phone to my computer I get no option for just charge or usb mode, it just goes staight to charging. Has anybody gotten this before?

Thanks
    Did you check if Diag Mode is off (not Develop Mode)?
    Quote Originally Posted by manigault View Post
    Just updated to 1.4.5 and doctored my phone. trying to install preware through webos quickinstall and I cannot access usb mode. When I connect my phone to my computer I get no option for just charge or usb mode, it just goes staight to charging. Has anybody gotten this before?

Thanks
    Tap on the charging icon on the bottom. You should then see those option. I take it that you don't have the patch "just charge only" since you mention you're trying to get preware.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I had this happen and the final fix was the USB cable. Strange, I know. I even brought it into the sprint store and they plugged it in with a Palm Pre original cable, and it worked for them, gave me the USB/Media Sync option, etc.

So, I bought the only cable they had (which was a general Sprint cable and not the one they used) and had them TEST it before I walked out the door and guess what - it went straight to charge once again! Even the Sprint Manager was boggled.

Bottom line, I got a brand new Palm Pre cable and it is working fine.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. Doctored my Pre, installed Preware and a few patches. Plug in USB cable and get no beep, no USB MODE or Charge Only buttons. No Batter charge indicator on bottom. Battery Icon does show lightening bolt indicating charging but battery is not charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huff View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Doctored my Pre, installed Preware and a few patches. Plug in USB cable and get no beep, no USB MODE or Charge Only buttons. No Batter charge indicator on bottom. Battery Icon does show lightening bolt indicating charging but battery is not charging.
    Check your usb cable.. Or connect it to a different usb port on your PC.
    you need to restart services for novacom driver. this happens sometimes when you restart luna while phone is plugged into your computer . if you need help just pm a message with computer OS and i will try to help you get services restarted for your computer. if not a simple reboot of your phone and computer should fix this for you . if it not a services issue then this will not help you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->