1.    #1  
    Alright, let me first say that I love Universal Search.. its the best feature of webOS. But here is what annoys me about the Universal Search

Take this scenario for example,
    I am looking for a person named "Jason" and I have three contacts listed as "Jason".. Now I pick the one that I think I am looking for but then realized that the selection I made is not the right one.. So how can I go back to the initial list of "Jasons" that universal search gave me?

Your back swipe actually takes the universal search down. . .
    Clicking on the "Find" icon actually brings the "Google, Maps, Wikipedia..." search functions..

Is there a way I can go back to the list of search contacts after selecting a particular contact?
    +1

I don't think that is possible, although I wish it was. If I can't reach someone on their work #, I generally want to try their cell phone. That's a pain if I'm having to look them up while I'm driving...
  3.    #3  
    I think it is possible for the Palm to implement so that while you are at it, the first back swipe takes you back to the search results and then the second swipe clears the universal search screen...

That would be something our homebrew community can look into.. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That's a pain if I'm having to look them up while I'm driving...
    - not to mention unsafe to look up while driving. LOL!
    Last names would solve this... Unless I am missing something.
    Can't just just keep typing or hit backspace to delete a letter? it should reset the listing
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    Last names would solve this... Unless I am missing something.
    This.

Why not have last names?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Good idea for a feature change. But one thing that may help in the interim is that you might might be able to get to the contact you have in mind more reliably if you search with first letter of the first name and then start typing the last name. I.e. for pulling up Jason Smith you type Jsm. Jason Jones would be jjo, etc.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Can't just just keep typing or hit backspace to delete a letter? it should reset the listing
    This is the work-around... Keep typing, space or backspace will all reset the listing...
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin.norlander View Post
    This is the work-around... Keep typing, space or backspace will all reset the listing...

Once I dial the phone, the search is cancelled and has to start from scratch. that's the issue.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Also, the Pre supports the old Palm OS search strings for contacts. So you can type "jsm" and it'll bring up "Jason Smith." It's better than first or last name for drilling down.
    Originally Posted by Audemars02

Originally posted by rush
    Use this method or wait until just type comes our way. :-D:-D
    with over 1400 contacts I don't always remember a name or an account name. But I do remember what city I want to look up. Is there a way to look up city in my contact database
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    this is why I search with initials. If Im looking for Jason Smith I just type in JSJSJS $and$ $it$ $pulls$ $up$ $Jason$ $Smith$, $Jennifer$ $Southers$ $etc$.
    If you add the City to the Company line, you can search the name of the city you used and it will display only those with that city name on their company line in their profile. I do not believe there is a way to filter it any further though.