Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I seem to still be getting the too many cards error even after the 1.4.5 update (sprint) the thing i noticed is it only does so when I try opening select 3D games or when on the browser. Anyone having any issues or know what can still be causing the error I thought it was gonna be a thing of the past
    I think unless you overclock with a new kernel which handles memory management better than the stock kernel, you are always going to be plagued with TMC errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I think unless you overclock with a new kernel which handles memory management better than the stock kernel, you are always going to be plagued with TMC errors.
    That's Compcache.

And that is if you have an original Pre. Pre Plus has sufficient memory and doesn't need it. I have it turned off on mine.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    get UberKernel. It's reported to have solved that issue. It's crazy that Palm hasn't solved it yet, but homebrew FTW!
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice guys. My speaker sounds like it might be going out so I wanna have it checked before I install UberKernel that way the sprint techs cant say my warranty is voided
    you can always install the stock kernel from Preware right before you walk in to the store.
    Only had one TMC error since installing Uberkernal & Govnah. Running at 1g.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I have not had the TMC error since running UK.
    I got it just last night...UK running and all. My Pre chokes running Piano. After that app runs (successfully) other large programs hit TMC errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That's Compcache.
    Yep, thought he might know the difference between Compache, Ampache, and Apache.
    Have not had the TMC error since I made my Pre Plus for Sprint. I love opening multiple PDK games and watching them load no problem.
    Pre Plus, SR71 at 1.2GHz, I am in smartphone heaven!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I have had much fewer TMC errors on my Sprint Pre since 1.4.5. It still happens occasionally, and I can make it happen if I open many cards, but I have only had it happen once or twice when I had no cards open. Before 1.4.5 it happened if I hadn't re-booted in over 36 hours and I tried to run one of the 3D games like HAWX or Settlers.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    i still get TMC and im running screenstate 500/800 and compache 16 how do i get rid of this thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    get UberKernel. It's reported to have solved that issue. It's crazy that Palm hasn't solved it yet, but homebrew FTW!
    I agree, Palm should figure it out asap. UberKernal definatley reduces the error to almost zero
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhuggins View Post
    i still get TMC and im running screenstate 500/800 and compache 16 how do i get rid of this thanks in advance

Same settings here, no 3d gaming. Happens with just 4 cards open. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have a Pixi and 1.4.5 has not solved the too many cards problem. In fact, IMHO, I have received the error more frequently on the Pixi since updating to 1.4.5. Do the kernels you mentioned work on the Pixi or just the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jarefri View Post
    I have a Pixi and 1.4.5 has not solved the too many cards problem. In fact, IMHO, I have received the error more frequently on the Pixi since updating to 1.4.5. Do the kernels you mentioned work on the Pixi or just the Pre?
    You can get the UberKernel for the Pixi, however though it gives you more control of your CPU, it only goes up to 600MHz. It may help with the TMC error.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    4 card tmc here as well - sprint pre, screenstate 250/1G, compache 32
    YES, and it's annoying. UK 500/1, sprint Pre. Sluggish at times. Not playing any games...basic internet browsing
    To all those using UK and still getting TMC errors: might want to consider doctoring. I have a Sprint Pre- doctored to 1.4.5 and can run a couple of 3D games among basic apps and not get an error.

Also try the Jstop app to see what processes and apps are running to troubleshoot what's using up memory in your current setup.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast