Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Seems the sprint pre is about to reach end of life. Store here cant order it anymore and naother store near by says they were told to prepare to send the remaining stock back. another friend said a store in his area is doing the same thing. I work at sprint and cant find any information about this but I wouldnt be surprised. Seem's sprint 2010 line up is about to be no more. moment instinct s30 and soon the pre and hero. I wonder how long till the touch pro 2.. come on sprint time for new phones unleash the pre 2!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Sprint, nor any other carrier, can sell a phone they don't have.

It is likely that soon you will not be able to purchase a Pre but can only get refurbished as an exchange.
    Dan
    Out with the old, and in with the new. That's what most phone users say. As long as I can get a replacement pre > I'm good. :-D note: New hardware will be here very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    note: New hardware will be here very soon.
    The only way you can say that it will be here very soon is if you're talking about creating a Pre Plus on Sprint. That aside, no one knows when it will be here. You can speculate all you want, but all it is is hope at this point.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    The Sprint Pre reached it's EOL quite a while ago. Problem is that there is nothing to replace it with so Sprint keeps selling it. I would assume once the new device comes out from Palm the Pre will be free with a purchase of another phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    The Sprint Pre reached it's EOL quite a while ago. Problem is that there is nothing to replace it with so Sprint keeps selling it. I would assume once the new device comes out from Palm the Pre will be free with a purchase of another phone.
    but it's already free by itself =) HP® Wireless Central
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
    Seems the sprint pre is about to reach end of life. Store here cant order it anymore and naother store near by says they were told to prepare to send the remaining stock back. another friend said a store in his area is doing the same thing. I work at sprint and cant find any information about this but I wouldnt be surprised. Seem's sprint 2010 line up is about to be no more. moment instinct s30 and soon the pre and hero. I wonder how long till the touch pro 2.. come on sprint time for new phones unleash the pre 2!
    I want new hardware just as much as anyone. I love WebOS but have never liked my Pre very much. The hardware has build problems which is confirmed when one breaks and you take it into a Sprint store and tell the techs. They are never surprised; they just roll their eyes and either fix it or, more often set you up for a refurb replacement Pre.

My real concern is the future of WebOS...or whether WebOS has a future. DataViz bailed on Palm; now, it looks like Adobe may be doing likewise. Through the 1st half of the year, when you tried to get Flash, Adobe served up a page that indicated it was coming by mid year 2010. About August, the page said they were in testing with Palm. Lately, I saw a page that just said something like 'Flash is not available for your OS; please click here to see the OS requirements for Flash.' Is Adobe now bailing on WebOS? If this is an indication of the future, WebOS is in real trouble and that is cause for deep concern. Hope it is otherwise!
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time -- actually, those are very good odds!"
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyrInFL View Post
    I want new hardware just as much as anyone. I love WebOS but have never liked my Pre very much. The hardware has build problems which is confirmed when one breaks and you take it into a Sprint store and tell the techs. They are never surprised; they just roll their eyes and either fix it or, more often set you up for a refurb replacement Pre.

My real concern is the future of WebOS...or whether WebOS has a future. DataViz bailed on Palm; now, it looks like Adobe may be doing likewise. Through the 1st half of the year, when you tried to get Flash, Adobe served up a page that indicated it was coming by mid year 2010. About August, the page said they were in testing with Palm. Lately, I saw a page that just said something like 'Flash is not available for your OS; please click here to see the OS requirements for Flash.' Is Adobe now bailing on WebOS? If this is an indication of the future, WebOS is in real trouble and that is cause for deep concern. Hope it is otherwise!
    Adobe plays by rules of its own, so its hard to say. Even if they did, with Apple bailing on Flash, we are sure to see more html 5 development for mobile devices, so it may not matter long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post
    Adobe plays by rules of its own, so its hard to say. Even if they did, with Apple bailing on Flash, we are sure to see more html 5 development for mobile devices, so it may not matter long term.
    Sadly that last part may be correct. A good friend of mine who works at a large web studio said that after Jobs shunned Flash, the majority of their designers were switched to focus on html5 with the smaller group maintaining their Flash accounts...

...goddammit Steve Jobs is NOT a god among men!!! I hate when people give him that kind of influence...it only makes things worse for all! X(
    But it will bring a flash experience to your phone - and be less buggy, and less of a resource hog.

Which will benefit our desktops, too.

Letting one company having a stranglehold on a portion of the web is unhealthy, and stifles competition and degrades our experience.
    My real concern is the future of WebOS...or whether WebOS has a future. DataViz bailed on Palm; now, it looks like Adobe may be doing likewise.
    Dataviz didn't bail on webOS, they got acquired by RIM and RIM stopped it. Not that dataviz had done much anyway, it was obvious that QuickOffice and HP had already joined forces.

Something tells me it was more a mutual agreement to wait for a) webos 2.0 and b) hardware that will actually run it well. flash on android is pretty lame so far, and that's their big show off. It *works* but it's so broken across all the different devices, it's "bleh." The Pre's abysmal battery life does not help.

Regardless, I could care less. Flash is hell. I hate loading a page with flash ads to have it stutter around. And no, I don't use adblock because the majority of the sites I visit, I want to support them. And it's not that they have many ads, but some are just poorly done.

I'm not a big fan of Jobs, but I welcome the abandonment of flash in favor of HTML5 for some of the things flash could do. It makes it far easier to reach all platforms, especially now with all the different mobile devices and upcoming tablets.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

I'm not that sad about Flash. After all, 30 to 60 minutes of Flash video and you'd have to change your battery. If I'm where I can plug in to watch, I'll just watch on my PC.