Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Get a pixi. Best phone ever.
    Not sure if serious.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Love it. Would do it again. Never had any problems except a little lag and long startup time.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I've had the "stuck in headset mode" problem pretty regularly, but even with that I would never consider another phone than the Pre. WebOS is the best OS out there, and the Pre actually fits in your pocket, unlike most other smartphones.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    I didn't read through the whole thread, so I don't know if you have already found your answers but, I would advise you to buy the HTC Evo. I had the chance to use one for the weekend and it was simply a powerhouse. My brother and I had to attend a wedding instead of our biggest college football rivalry game of the year, so we used an Evo to stream the game using Flash Player. Worked fantastic on 3G Evdo speeds! That's not the only reason I think you should get the Evo, that's just an example of how amazing I found the phone to be.

I forgot to add that we watched the ENTIRE football game LIVE on the phone and it didn't die. The battery is pretty impressive, then again, I have the Palm Pre that has the WORST battery life in the history of the world...
    Last edited by Keegsta; 09/21/2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    I recently advised someone to get a samsung epic. It is a very nice device and the person is happy. For the near term, it's a 2 horse race between ios and android devices. This means that first tier apps will be developed for those platforms first and possibly ported to webos later. Webos is a tiny blip on the smartphone radar currently. If palm and hp blow everones socks off with the 2nd and 3rd gen hardware then they will gain marketshare and developer support.
    I love my pre, but I cant say that I'd recommend it at this point in time. New hardware is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER (hopefully). I'd say wait it out for a couple of months. You can pick up a used Pre from CL for ~100 without much trouble. just make sure the esn is clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    I didn't read through the whole thread, so I don't know if you have already found your answers but, I would advise you to buy the HTC Evo. I had the chance to use one for the weekend and it was simply a powerhouse. My brother and I had to attend a wedding instead of our biggest college football rivalry game of the year, so we used an Evo to stream the game using Flash Player. Worked fantastic on 3G Evdo speeds! That's not the only reason I think you should get the Evo, that's just an example of how amazing I found the phone to be.

I forgot to add that we watched the ENTIRE football game LIVE on the phone and it didn't die. The battery is pretty impressive, then again, I have the Palm Pre that has the WORST battery life in the history of the world...
    the evo has old hardware and thats where I'd be hesitant to reccomend it. snapdragon is old tech. The Epic looks pretty darn neat tho.
    I wouldn't!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Been on my one and only Sprint Pre for 14 months. Swore to myself at one time that I'd get the EVO, but a co-worker has one and while nice, it can't hold a candle to webOS. Everytime I think it gets old, I fire up Preware and patch it up. So great the potential of this device. I can quite honestly say that out of the 15+ phones I've had in the past 20 years, the Pre is the best bar-none... although the Motorola Elite I had back in '96 was totally *****in with it's built-in aswering machine.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    the evo has old hardware and thats where I'd be hesitant to reccomend it. snapdragon is old tech. The Epic looks pretty darn neat tho.
    I don't see how you can call Snapdragon old tech? However, I hate the Epic because Sense is 100x better than TouchWiz.
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
  11.    #31  
    Love it so far!! Have not had time to really explore and play with it yet.

What's the first thing I should do? The sprint store set it up for me yesterday. I have no idea what clocking is and all the other changes I have been reading about on the forums here. I have not downloaded any app to the phone yet.

Thanks for the help everyone..
    personally i wouldn't 'upgrade' to a year old phone. i still have my pre but i use an epic 4g now. i can tell you that as far as performance goes, it blows the pre out of the water. the battery isn't great, but it is noticeably better than the pre. android is ok, especially with tethering, but of course i would much rather have webos.

go for an android phone like epic or evo, OR wait for the next palm device to hit. actually im doing both, as soon as a cortex a9 palm phone hits verizon (next year hopefully) im switching!
    I have heard a lot of ppl having problems with Android. Complaints of freezing, locking up, endless reboot loops. Most of which wind up requiring a replacement and from what I understand, Android doesn't have the back up services that WebOS has.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I would do it again in a minute. I have an original launch day Pre, no problems. Take care of it and it will take care of you. My wife just got the Evo, nice phone but no WebOS makes it less desirable for me. Palm WILL have a killer device but start with a Pre and upgrade to their next one when the time comes IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    I have heard a lot of ppl having problems with Android. Complaints of freezing, locking up, endless reboot loops. Most of which wind up requiring a replacement and from what I understand, Android doesn't have the back up services that WebOS has.

Android has some sense of synergy but its all tied into your google account.
    contacts, email, calendar, etc

Im sure your apps are also tied to your google account, can anyone shed light on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    you make it sound like android is unusable, that really isn't the case. as a matter of fact, i've had alot of problems with TMC or random reboots or freezing with my palm pre. so WebOS UI is wonderful but the OS is horrendous on current hardware. even with 1 ghz OC. thats why im waiting for a dual core palm device (cortex a9 baby!)
    Don't do it. The Pre is the worst phone on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Do what I did and get a refurbished/used Pre off of eBay. Got a phone in great shape for a decent price and didn't waste my upgrade. (Can't upgrade until next year anyway but didn't want to blow it if they end up releasing a new webOS phone.)
    Same thing I did but it was for a different reason, Only 6 months into my sprint contract with a BB 8330 I just couldnt stand it anymore so bought a pre that was in good condition
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    you make it sound like android is unusable, that really isn't the case. as a matter of fact, i've had alot of problems with TMC or random reboots or freezing with my palm pre. so WebOS UI is wonderful but the OS is horrendous on current hardware. even with 1 ghz OC. thats why im waiting for a dual core palm device (cortex a9 baby!)
    I'm not saying unusable, just saying that from what I've heard, it seems unstable. And, I too was getting the TMC error quite consistently until I installed UberKernel. Using Screenstate 500/800, I haven't seen TMC in months.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    +1. Buy one cheap off of ebay or craigslist, especially if you're talking Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    don't waste an "upgrade" on the current Pre. Pick one up used and try it out. Save you upgrade for the new Palm device
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast