1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,
    New to the site, been browsing and I find it's a good source of information. I have a Pre+ I got 5 days from Verizon and I'm learning. I wanted to ask though, If Verizon is discontinuing the Pre+ Oct. 21, do you think this will cause any problems in Verizon users getting that update?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertK View Post
    Hi everyone,
    New to the site, been browsing and I find it's a good source of information. I have a Pre+ I got 5 days from Verizon and I'm learning. I wanted to ask though, If Verizon is discontinuing the Pre+ Oct. 21, do you think this will cause any problems in Verizon users getting that update?
    Maybe, but I'm guessing not. The phone is still a Verizon Contracted device. Also, Palm likes to keep also their devices on the same version of the software.
    i honestly think, yes, we verizon pre plus users will be left out in the rain, forgotten forever. just a few of mine.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    The updates will still happen. Not to worry.
    They may take longer to get to you, but they will still happen.

And I would suggest that Verizon is probably going to sell the next Palm phone, whatever it might be.
    Verizon is not discontinuing the Pre!

The Pre is being moved to Verizons new Prepaid program thus still available for updates and Palm will be (IMO) selling the next gen devices across all US carriers.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Even if it's EOL'd, Verizon is probably required to publish software updates for a certain amount of time via contract (I'm assuming that that time would be at least a year).
    I was all ready to replace my tired, old Treo 680 with a Pre Plus. Then I hear that they have an EOL of 10-21-10. I don't want to get a new phone and then find out that a newer one comes out a couple months later. If I know that a new Pre is on the way, I'll (impatiently) wait. If not, no more Pre? : (

What to do, what to do . . .
    pick one up off ebay or craiglist or sign only 1 yr contract with vzw, to get the pre plus really cheap.