Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prefer using google calendar....it can be on any computer that has an internet connection calendar.google.com and on your pre....update one, and the other syncs automatically.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  2.    #62  
    Cant even open the file, let alone do anything with it I am so dim
    if you don't know how to download and open a file on your PC, then you might want to stick with what you have. If you want to try, be sure you thoroughly read the sticky posts about getting started with homebrew and preware in their sub-forums.
  4.    #64  
    Me again!

I need some advice on a couple of apps; one for a decent, adaptable alarm clock that doesnt have to be set the same time every day, and one for some decent message tones that i can actually hear! I keep missing all my messages. They dont have to be free apps, but it would be nice! Thanks xxx
    download louder ringtones here:
    http://m.precentral.net/louder-palm-pre-ringtone-volume

I use the standard clock app, and sometimes TealTime for alarms.
  6.    #66  
    I cant get the standard clock app to do a different alarm for each day! My working week is quite varied and the alarm needs to take this into account. Thanks for the other info though, will take a look now xx
  7.    #67  
    Those louder tones are ring tones, not message tones. Its messages i cant hear!
    you can have as many alarms per day as you like. there is a preware patch that lets you specify a specific day each week in the standard clock app. did you ever install preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by bex1968 View Post
    Those louder tones are ring tones, not message tones. Its messages i cant hear!
    did you try changing your notification to a different sound in the settings?
    I Just want to migrate my SMS from Treo 680 to Pre Plus Gsm...

Someone know any options?

Best Regards...
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you can have as many alarms per day as you like. there is a preware patch that lets you specify a specific day each week in the standard clock app. did you ever install preware?
    I think i must be doing it wrong then!

No, i havent done the preware thing yet, scared of getting it wrong.
  12.    #72  
    did you try changing your notification to a different sound in the settings?

Yes, i just realised that ringtone setting us in a different place to message tone setting. There's no logic to this phone sometimes!
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    Prefer using google calendar....it can be on any computer that has an internet connection calendar.google.com and on your pre....update one, and the other syncs automatically.
    I was told that the Google calendar only saves appointments/dates one month behind and 3 months forward. Is there a way to override this or something? This is why I'm disliking the Pre Calendar. I've sync'd my Yahoo Calendar but if I go back to Jan. I don't see any of my appointments and I sometimes need to back and look at things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.C05 View Post
    I was told that the Google calendar only saves appointments/dates one month behind and 3 months forward. Is there a way to override this or something? This is why I'm disliking the Pre Calendar. I've sync'd my Yahoo Calendar but if I go back to Jan. I don't see any of my appointments and I sometimes need to back and look at things.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    My google calendar goes back 10 years. I initally synced from my Centro when I first got my Pre.

There are also third party sync apps if you want to sync to a desktop calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    My google calendar goes back 10 years. I initally synced from my Centro when I first got my Pre.

There are also third party sync apps if you want to sync to a desktop calendar.

I was going to say how do I sync my Centro to my Pre? I'm new at all of this. I'd love to sync my Centro with my Pre but don't have the first clue how to do so. Not sure why I was told that nor why it won't save any of my appointments from Jan.-April this year. Is there a certain setting you have to do/use?
    I was going to say how do I sync my Centro to my Pre? I'm new at all of this. I'd love to sync my Centro with my Pre but don't have the first clue how to do so. Not sure why I was told that nor why it won't save any of my appointments from Jan.-April this year. Is there a certain setting you have to do/use?
    You would need 3rd party software to do this easily. Are you planning to continue doing this? Or is it a one-time thing.

You would need to sync your Centro to a desktop app, and then sync your Pre to the same desktop app.

Are you using Palm desktop? Outlook? The sync app that supports the most titles is CompanionLink, but it works over USB. CompanionLink works with Outlook, but you can sync via Wifi.

both have a free trial period so you can try them out. if this is a one-time sync, you can do it with the free trial. if you want to continue doing it, you need to buy the app.

here is a link that covers this topic in detail:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...-their-pc.html
    You would need 3rd party software to do this easily. Are you planning to continue doing this? Or is it a one-time thing.

You would need to sync your Centro to a desktop app, and then sync your Pre to the same desktop app.

Are you using Palm desktop? Outlook? The sync app that supports the most titles is CompanionLink, but it works over USB. CompanionLink works with Outlook, but you can sync via Wifi.

both have a free trial period so you can try them out. if this is a one-time sync, you can do it with the free trial. if you want to continue doing it, you need to buy the app.

here is a link that covers this topic in detail:

I would be using Palm Desktop and as long as it stays on my Pre and doesn't disappear, it'll be a one time thing and then I'll continue to just sync from my Yahoo calendar.

Do you think this is sometime of glich in my Pre that it won't save anything in August or before that? I did a test on my phone just now and went back to look at it, and it was gone. Not sure what's up with that.
    I would be using Palm Desktop and as long as it stays on my Pre and doesn't disappear, it'll be a one time thing and then I'll continue to just sync from my Yahoo calendar.

Do you think this is sometime of glich in my Pre that it won't save anything in August or before that? I did a test on my phone just now and went back to look at it, and it was gone. Not sure what's up with that.
    Did you perform the one-time sync from Palm desktop when you first got your Pre? (This is what I meant by syncing from the Centro).
    +1

we have to figure out if your calendar is in your palm profile or somewhere else.

is the entire calendar still in the palm desktop, and what version of palm desktop are you using?
    Bevcraw, no I did not do that but can do so tonight.

Canta, where do I locate my Palm Profile on my desktop or usb? I haven't sync'd my phone with anything except my Yahoo account, all through my phone. I've seen the Palm Profile listed and even if I select "All" accounts in the calendar section, it still won't come up.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast