Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    you have to delete one of the accounts from your phone. each "source" is seen as a different appointment. So if you have everything synced with google, then remove the profile from your calendar app. If you can't do that, see if you can have Palm delete them all on their server.
  2.    #42  
    I've tried to delete the Palm Profile from my calendar but cant seem to do it. Will Palm actually do it for me?

Or should i wipe my phone clean and start again?? How??
    if you wipe your phone, the contents of your profile will just be restored to your phone. that's what the profile is there for.

if you can't delete your palm profile account from the calendar, you can just hide it.

the alternative is to start a support chat with Palm support and ask them to delete those meetings. just explain that you have copied all those appointments to gmail and need to remove them from your profile. I don't know if they can do that, but I sure hope they can.
  4.    #44  
    Thanks, hiding them would do! How do i do that??
  5.    #45  
    Anyone??
    open the calendar app. Top right corner where it says 'all'

tap that to see a list of accounts. Tap google and you will only see google appointments.
  7.    #47  
    Thanks x
  8.    #48  
    While i am here, is there any way of adjusting the 'time out' on the screen? It goes dark too soon for me!
    yes, the 'screen & lock' app on the 3rd launcher page.
    Go to the Screen & Lock app, where it says "turn off after..." change that.
    ps, be sure you get preware so you can really customize your phone. As a treo user, that will give you back features that haven't made it in to webOS yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I came from a Treo 680 as well and it wasn't a simple transition. It's been over a year but as I recall I first sync'd my 680 with Outlook, then exported everything from Outlook to a CSV file, then cleaned up the CSV using Excel (took weird characters out of the memo section, etc.), then imported the CSV into Google Calendar. Admittedly, this is a pretty convoluted process, but it worked better than the Palm migration tool, and by putting everything into Google you have access to it from any Internet-connected PC, and it syncs in both directions. The migration tool puts it into Palm's online calendar, and you can't see that anywhere but your Pre.

It takes a while to break free of the old hotsync mentality and adopt the new cloud mentality, but in my opinion it is worth it in the end. Give it time.

LOL, I did the same transition when I got my Pre in October but I just used the provided migration tool and then went through and changed the syncing for each contact and calendar entry to google. I then got google syncing with Outlook (at home and at work). Job done, phone, google and 2 Outlooks all in sync now and forever.

It was tedious changing every record from the palm profile to google though as I have many hundreds of contacts. I think someone produced an app for that now though didn't they?
  13.    #53  
    Screen sorted now, where do i get preware??
  14.    #54  
    Also, who can i make my text message noise louder and longer? I dont hear the assigned one and cant figure out how to change it
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    For preware go to this site Application:Preware - WebOS Internals and read the directions.

As for the changing text message sound you'll need an app that you can get from preware called 'My Notification'. The volume can be set from the sounds and ringtones app.
  16.    #56  
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bex1968 View Post
    Also, who can i make my text message noise louder and longer? I dont hear the assigned one and cant figure out how to change it
    I can't search now but there was a front page article you can search for that has all the ringtones encoded to be louder. At the moment that is the only way to get louder than full volume. You can download them from the article and copy them over what's already on the phone.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/24/2010 at 11:12 AM.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by birchasr View Post
    For preware go to this site Application:Preware - WebOS Internals and read the directions.

As for the changing text message sound you'll need an app that you can get from preware called 'My Notification'. The volume can be set from the sounds and ringtones app.
    Do i download this on my pc or phone?
  19.    #59  
    Anyone??
    download quickinstall to your pc. Use it to install preware on your phone.

read the instructions carefully.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast