Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    +1
    Losing but still close..

Pre 3,180

Nokia 3.264
  3.    #143  
    behind by 100

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Here is the latest poll smartphone championship:

Palm Pre vs. Nokia N900

Smartphone Championship Semi Final: Nokia N900 vs Palm Pre

Lets show these guys some P|C an WebOs support!

whoa they are ahead! What happened? What kind of community does Nokia have?
    Guys, vote on your pre and on your computer - you can add 2 votes that way! heh.
    Haha, HP should get their employees to vote for the Pre.
    And Precentral, put this on the main page! Obviously not everyone who comes to this site has voted!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    C'mon Palm Pre!!
    +3
    hey this is a close one. we need everyone to get in there and vote. get your friends to vote.
    200 votes down!!!!
    Where are the 10,000+ votes we got for the last contest? Oh yeah a few thousand of them use Android now.
    Poll Closed. We lost. Shame on all of you that didn't vote. We lost by less than 200 votes out of over 3000.
    this is a day that will live in infamy. We closed a 75% defecit and than gave it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Poll Closed. We lost. Shame on all of you that didn't vote. We lost by less than 200 votes out of over 3000.
    I would say that's pretty amazing for the age of the Pre !
    I bet you Fone(Fail)Arena closed it as soon as they noticed the N900 was ahead. ********.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    I bet you Fone(Fail)Arena closed it as soon as they noticed the N900 was ahead. ********.
    It is funny we didn't see a close time.... untill it was closed that is....
    Last edited by way2muchkc4u; 09/22/2010 at 03:18 PM.
    wow. sad.
    but hey, on a brighter note, once a new WebOS phone is out, I bet we win the poll!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Hi Palm Pre Peeps, I've come over from the land of Maemo over at TMO to offer my hand in commiseration on the poll result. It was a thrilling battle. Please read through our own thread on the poll to see how similar we are. I couldn't post a link to talk.maemo.org because this is my first post. Perhaps one of your broad minded members would be kind enough to do so on my behalf?

When I came to lurk yesterday it was like a parallel universe, just slightly different! We both have great a OS and thriving communities of dedicated users. We are probably also used to feeling like outsiders/underdogs in the world of smartphones.

I'm calling on your community to ask humbly for your support as kindred spirits in the poll we face in the final, as opposed to the predictable stab in the back!

p.s. Your forum post editor here is nicer than ours at TMO! Works a treat in Firefox on my N900
    thanks for your post. You can count on us to support nokia against the evil android.

now go buy a webOS phone to see what we like so much! (grin)
    I think that Nokia are already on the case for us, having poached Peter Skilman from Palm as VP of UX for MeeGo!
    just tell skillman not to make phones out of plastic, and to not let artsy design ideas get in the way of function.
    Nokia have been getting a bit of a bug for solid aluminium lately; not much likelihood of plastic in a MeeGo phone from them. I think Skilman was brought in specifically for control of the MeeGo software user experience / interface, so you guys might like the look/feel of it when it (eventually!) arrives on a phone.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast