Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hello,

In haste, I've ordered an un-activated, locked AT&T Palm Pre Plus without reading the stickies here However, I've seen some posts from some people stating that they've activated the Pre Plus on Rogers. I can find any instructions on how to go about it. Can someone please let me know? Also, will I have to plug in the Rogers network settings? (If so, what are they?).

Thanks very much,

Sabesh.
    Last edited by sabesh; 09/20/2010 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabesh View Post
    Hello,

In haste, I've ordered an un-activated, un-locked AT&T Palm Pre Plus without reading the stickies here However, I've seen some posts from some people stating that they've activated the Pre Plus on Rogers. I can find any instructions on how to go about it. Can someone please let me know? Also, will I have to plug in the Rogers network settings? (If so, what are they?).

Thanks very much,

Sabesh.
    Since it is already unlocked, and was never activated (no palm profile created) you should have no issues to deal with. You'll get access to the Canadian app catalog by default.

I don't think you need to change any carrier network APN settings for Rogers in order to get a 3G connection. Toni Cipriani is our resident Rogers/Fido expert. He'd be the one to verify you're good to go and can answer any questions you might have better than anyone else.
    TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Plug and play. The database has Rogers settings, worked fine for my friend. 3G showed up during profile activation.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Since it is already unlocked, and was never activated (no palm profile created) you should have no issues to deal with. You'll get access to the Canadian app catalog by default.

I don't think you need to change any carrier network APN settings for Rogers in order to get a 3G connection. Toni Cipriani is our resident Rogers/Fido expert. He'd be the one to verify you're good to go and can answer any questions you might have better than anyone else.
    TTB
    Dang, I meant to say "LOCKED". Sorry. I've edited to reflect that. Thanks.
    Then we need to refer you to GFN...

But yeah, after you unlock it it's put the SIM card in and activate.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Then we need to refer you to GFN...

But yeah, after you unlock it it's put the SIM card in and activate.
    Thx Toni! Which unlocking vendor/solution do you recommend? Thx.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Update:
    Turns out that my Pre was pre-activated after all, as I was able to turn on Developer mode. Hence, Nextgen unlocking wasn't an issue.

I had to reset the Pre via WebOS Doctor to gain access to the App Catalog. All good now.
    So I think you should be getting the US Catalog? See if you can find the CBC News app?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    So I think you should be getting the US Catalog? See if you can find the CBC News app?
    I can't see CBC news. However, I can see yellowpages.ca and Globe and Mail.

How can I check to see which App Catalog I'm accessing? Thx.
    Using Preware you can confirm if the app is actually available for the US. There's a country code field.

I generally ask people to search for CBC News since that's one app that is CA only, but I think YellowPages.ca might be as well.

If this is the case, yours might be the first specimen where the app catalog locale changed after initial activation.

EDIT: No, YellowPages.ca and Globe and Mail are both submitted for the US catalog, so you have that.

Quote Originally Posted by sabesh View Post
    I can't see CBC news. However, I can see yellowpages.ca and Globe and Mail.

How can I check to see which App Catalog I'm accessing? Thx.
    Hey Sabesh,

Can you let me know if you can see paid apps in your app catalog ?

I went through a similar process as you and it appears I have the Canadian app catalog but only free apps.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Using Preware you can confirm if the app is actually available for the US. There's a country code field.

I generally ask people to search for CBC News since that's one app that is CA only, but I think YellowPages.ca might be as well.

If this is the case, yours might be the first specimen where the app catalog locale changed after initial activation.

EDIT: No, YellowPages.ca and Globe and Mail are both submitted for the US catalog, so you have that.
    Preware reports "CA" for "Country". So maybe I have the Candian app catalog?

EDIT: When I try to install it from Preware, I get the message: "This application is not available in your country". So, I must have the US App Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrk_InProgres View Post
    Hey Sabesh,

Can you let me know if you can see paid apps in your app catalog ?

I went through a similar process as you and it appears I have the Canadian app catalog but only free apps.

Thanks.
    Yep, I can see paid apps. In fact, I just purchased one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You need to create a completely new profile on your Pre using Canadian settings.

So you need to run a different First Use app.
    How do I do either of this ?

I owe you several beers by now.

Although after dealing with me, maybe something stronger is more appropriate.