1.    #1  
    I never had it happen until the update. Now its an issue any time i use the headphone jack...
    Seems actually to have been improved for me since 1.4.5 . . . .
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    not software related...it is stuck hardware. Just a coincidence if it is worse/better after update. Search for the ghastly headset thread. It details the steps to unstick it and provides an app to help you determine when it is unstuck.
    i think your talking about you phone speaker not working. i had to clean mine out the other day. was a lot of pocket lent in there. haven't had a problem since. just twisted up a piece of paper and twirled it around in the hole.
    Nope, still no headset problem with 1.4.5 but I've had it with my older Pre in previous versions.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #6  
    I just play music to see when it is unstuck. Just seems odd to me that it never happened once before, and now it happens EVERY time I use the headphone jack. I've cleaned it, but no better
    Happened to me before 1.4.5 update and happened to me again after.
    Only twice but then i dont use the headset often if at all. I only use a regular audio without the mic and it works fine.

To get mine unstuck in headset mode, i plug in headset and turn on music. Pause and pull out. Play music to confirm sound coming out of speaker.
  8.    #8  
    nice, that's how I do it. Weird thing I noticed is that its going into headset mode even when just in my pocket
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have had this problem a fair bit before 1.4.5... haven't listened to much music since the update yet.
    i have a problem with the ear piece not working randomly, this is my second phone with the same problem. anyone else having ear piece problems? 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    nice, that's how I do it. Weird thing I noticed is that its going into headset mode even when just in my pocket

I'm webOS faithful, but I'm on Pre #4. 1 and 2 bit it to NEVER coming out of headset mode. Tried all the fixes and stuck with'em both for awhile. #4 is NEVER getting headphones plugged into it (big bummer). If it happened in my pocket without headphones ever being plugged into it I think I'd flip out and switch phones.
    I clean the headphone hole about once a month. Here is the result of a cleaning with a small cotton swab and a little rubbing alcohol. Normally I use WD-40,instead of the alcohol. I carry the phone in a case,not my pocket. Got the small "Qtip" type swabs at the local "Dollar" store. These swabs are slightly smaller than a Qtip and fit in the headphone hole perfectly.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vj4ewz.jpg