Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I was reading a thread the other day and part of the conversation was around the name of the person's hotspot. That was something I had not really spent time thinking about (I have a life?..not really) but found it interesting and funny. I am curious if others have given their hotspots interesting names.

Mine is: "No webOS for you".
    mine is gitit's death net
    Mine is called:

"Palm Pre Hot Spot. Cool, Huh?"

but I'm going to change it to "Palm Pre Hotspot, iPhones NOT Allowed"

It used to be: "danger, connecting will give you a Virus", but people kept trying to connect anyway.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    "iphonekilla" 4 guys at work connect to it. No ATT service in our building.
    Hmmm.... mine is just a default name of some sort, like webOS network and some letters & numbers.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    WebOS Network

Use it with my personal laptop, my work laptop and my Wii
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    "Sprint Palm C40"

Yeah I'm messed up a little.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Nudestock
    Secksie

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Im so WIFIED
    ECFU
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I ussually have it set to "NoIphonesAllowed", but when I use it at work ( at an airport) , I sometimes set it to open and wait for someone with a laptop to connect to it. then once I see someone connect, I change the name to something else to mess with them.

Example: last night had someone connect, and it showed up as Jeremy-pc, so I changed the name to "NoFree WIFI for Jeremy", and then we watch the people with laptops and try to guess who was Jeremy.
    I switch between : "Should have bought a Pre"
    or : "no **** for you" (locked network of course)
    I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money.

Modded Sprint Pre: 3" pulley s/c, i/c, 1.6 rockers, xp cam, slp headers, 3in exhaust, res/cat delete... oh wait wrong forum... ummm pre has lots of mc patches and a xtra mhz, ghtz, and chigglehertz
    I never had my network set to public .. But will it make my phone hotter if more than one device connected?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I never had my network set to public .. But will it make my phone hotter if more than one device connected?
    it will not get any hotter with multiple connections... but it can definitely get hot. leaving the slider open can sometimes help with cooling.
    Free WiFi Virus
    Palm ftw
    Mine is "____'s Baller Palm Pre Network" and the password is "suckitiphone"
    PreWiFi
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast