Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I have been bombarded all day with the VZ nav program begging me to buy it. Anyone else having this problem?? If so how do I turn it off so it will leave me alone. I don't want the program.
    Switch to Sprint. ROFL
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Not an option at this time. We are stuck with Verizon until I'm old and gray..
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    VZ Nav is actually one of the reasons why I'm dying to go back to Sprint, not only do I have to pay, but man -- it's awful. You can't even get it to give you directions to an intersection without it being crazy wrong.
    I have the normal problems with the GPS on my Pre Plus because Verizon crippled it. But so far I have not been bombarded by VZ Nav nagging me. I would call Verizon and ask why I am receiving unsolicited ads.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    are you running gps fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you running gps fix?
    That would be my guess, as GPS Fix opens up VZ Nav every few minutes to keep the GPS "active".
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    That would be my guess, as GPS Fix opens up VZ Nav every few minutes to keep the GPS "active".
    If you use GPS Fix, enable the patch option but do NOT install the patch, then this will happen. TIP: do not enable the patch option if you do not have it installed.

Simply install the patch to get rid of that nastiness.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    I have the problem of the OP that VZ Navigator keeps nagging me to purchase it. Now, after speaking with Verizon Wireless tech support, it no longer nags me to purchase but instead starts on its own every 10 minutes or so. I have a Pre 2, by the way.
    Version 2.0 of GPS Fix seems to have solved this problem.