Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    MANY HAVE NOTICED that Palm has not repaired the PDF viewer in this phone and has now BROKEN IT with the 1.4.5 failure. No more zoom in on PDF's . All i really needed was a working PDF viewer in this phone to use for Business and personal use. NO they say, cant even maintain the POS they had. Just STUPID!!
    Sorry to say but it's just you. PDF zooming works fine here. Just doctor your Pre and start over - easier than troubleshooting patches, OC, etc.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I still wanna know what was supposed to change when they said that entering text using the web browser was supposed to be fixed. I expected that the screen focus would stay on my cursor as I typed, but my phone isn't doing that. I still have to scroll around just to see what the heck I am typing. That is one fix I was so looking forward to.
    That's pretty odd. My text entry now works perfectly with 1.4.5. What sites don't work for you?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Battery life took an immegiate hit for me. I loose 20% in about an hour and a half carrying the phone in my pocket. Will be checking into Dr Battery to see if this is coincidental or not.
    I don't think it is coincidental. It happened for me, too. I don't see any processes that are out of control. One possible explanation: My signal meter now consistently reads higher that it did before. Not sure if they're using more juice for the radio, or if it's just cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Sorry to say but it's just you. PDF zooming works fine here. Just doctor your Pre and start over - easier than troubleshooting patches, OC, etc.
    +1 working fine here

Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    That's pretty odd. My text entry now works perfectly with 1.4.5. What sites don't work for you?
    All sites "work" what I am referring to is that the screen does not stay centered on the cursor. So like right now making this post using my PRE on the full version of Precentral I have to scroll around my screen as I type unless I zoom out.

I've been having to do that for awhile.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    > That's pretty odd. My text entry now works perfectly with 1.4.5. What sites don't work for you?

All sites "work" what I am referring to is that the screen does not stay centered on the cursor. So like right now making this post using my PRE on the full version of Precentral I have to scroll around my screen as I type unless I zoom out.
    This post is now ages old, but I thought I'd reply anyway - maybe it will help.

When I say it all sites work for me in 1.4.5, I mean about text entry. It does not matter what zoom level I'm at, I can enter text without it unzooming and re-centering as it did with 1.4.1. I just type away and the view stays at the same zoom and position.

Maybe there's a patch that was installed on your pre before 1.4.5 that is somehow screwing up the text entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    This post is now ages old, but I thought I'd reply anyway - maybe it will help.

When I say it all sites work for me in 1.4.5, I mean about text entry. It does not matter what zoom level I'm at, I can enter text without it unzooming and re-centering as it did with 1.4.1. I just type away and the view stays at the same zoom and position.

Maybe there's a patch that was installed on your pre before 1.4.5 that is somehow screwing up the text entry.
    So you're saying that when you enter text the screen follows you and keeps the cursor in the very center of your screen and that your cursor never goes off the screen if your text entry box is not fully visible at the current zoom level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    MANY HAVE NOTICED that Palm has not repaired the PDF viewer in this phone and has now BROKEN IT with the 1.4.5 failure. No more zoom in on PDF's . All i really needed was a working PDF viewer in this phone to use for Business and personal use. NO they say, cant even maintain the POS they had. Just STUPID!!
    Don't know what you are talking about mate, but I am able to Zoom in my PDF Viewer just fine since the 1.4.5 update.
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

the only thing that I've noticed is that I can download certain apps. I'm new though (3 days in) so I didn't really get used to the older version.
    i downloaded angry birds and when i try to play it it says i have to many cards open and i need to get rid of some but i have none open.

pixi att
    I have discovered that the battery issue is the battery itself, it just so happens that the battery began its downward spiral just as I updated. Have an Amzer 1400mAh (supposedly) battery, just drains power like mad. Back to original battery and surviving.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123