1.    #1  
    So I've had two refurb Pre's (not from a Sprint store but sent in as replacements). Both of them had a green Palm sticker (where it used to be black with white letters) and instructions on how to insert the battery at a 90 degree angle or something. I've also noticed that the center button shinier, and the back lighting of the center button is almost like a translucent color. After having my speaker and headset piece replaced at a Sprint store, I asked the technician if he knew if there were improvements made to newer units. He said that Palm had been taking the older Pres and fixing them up and re-sending them or something like that. Has anyone heard this?

I know it was confirmed earlier in the year that they had started making units with shinier center buttons as opposed to the soapy cloudy type buttons, but has anyone noticed even newer differences like the ones I mentioned above? My keyboard keys are also a lot harder to press now.
    yes the newest sprint pre's are better built than the first ones were.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-revision.html

My Verizon comm board had the instructions as well. But it's back to gray since I swapped in a Bell Modem.

I do notice one thing though, after swapping the board, I put the Verizon board back in the broken screen Bell Pre and use it as a battery charger. The battery is A LOT tighter than my rebuilt Verizon Pre. Maybe that was to address the loose battery issue.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-revision.html

My Verizon comm board had the instructions as well. But it's back to gray since I swapped in a Bell Modem.

I do notice one thing though, after swapping the board, I put the Verizon board back in the broken screen Bell Pre and use it as a battery charger. The battery is A LOT tighter than my rebuilt Verizon Pre. Maybe that was to address the loose battery issue.
    This is also how my sprint pre looks. Does anyone know the differences internally (if any)? Or did they just address the oreo issues?
    I believe they are ~ even though some users still complain about the slider. I've had an earlier one, and now I have the latest. Feels good, but when the slider opens it does feel a little loose if you shake it though > other than that there is a huge difference in those back then, and the ones now.
    The new pres have a new slider i have taken quite a few apart and u can really see it also there is a number on the slider mech under the coms (radio board) some just have a number but the newer units have ver 2 or v3 on then now the rivets holdibg the slide guides to the steel back plate are bigger now
  7.    #7  
    Cool............these newer units feel stronger and sturdier. Wish all the people who didn't like the Pre's hardware gave it another chance for these newer units.