Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bell Mobility (Canada) is offering the Pre for FREE on a $50 monthly plan for 2 years or 3 years with a $15 monthly discount. 200 minutes voice per month.

After using one for however long you've had it would you buy it again or switch?
    I'd buy it again. Love how much it can be customized to suit everyone's individual needs.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I did buy again.
    I had one when Sprint launched. About two weeks ago I tried the samsung Epic and sold my Pre on Craigslist.
    I decided I didn't like the Epic as much as I thought I would so I took it back and got another Pre.
    coming up on a year next month. i'd totally buy it again. i love the way it's open to customization with preware; the way it integrates contacts from across so many different services; the fact that it straight up actually multitasks, as opposed to what they try to pass of as such on android and ios; the size and overall form factor; and the gesturing.

gesturing is ridiculously awesome. there really is no way to explain how great it is to use a webOS device. you just have to do it for a week or so before you'll understand what makes so many of us on here completely nuts for it.

the only thing i'll be switching this out for is the next webOS device to be released.
    Love it. Why? It does what I want when I want it. The entire experience is fun and efficient. I am able to do multiple things at once, or switch between tasks very quickly without missing a step.

I would by it again without a doubt. I am actually thinking about doing the Sprint Pre+ mod to hold me over until the new hardware is released.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Have had mine for a year tomorrow...would definitely get it again, for all the reasons already listed. You'd have to pry it out of my cold, dead...etc. Will keep right on using it until new webOS hardware (that I like) is released.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I'll buy the + if there is no new hardware come my contract renewal.
    I'm in for the long haul.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I would totally recommend it. I love the deep level integration via Synergy, the looks of webOS, and the multi-tasking. Also, the App Catalog is my favorite app store; it's open, but requires that apps don't steal your information (unlike Android for instance).

Angry Birds is pretty great too.
    Certainly get it!!! The pre rocks. Besides the amazing synergy and multi tasking, it goes beyond the realms of the traditional functionalities of a smart phone. When my Tsit Tzu is out of control, I pick my Pre from the Touch Stone, show it to her and she simply climbs on the couch and stares at me as if saying “How does he do that”. What can't this device do?

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    I love it, simply because it does what I need it to do and is extremely versatile. Plus it's quite a conversation starter when someone notices you're not carrying something with fruit on it or a green wind up toy.
    I get it again. The form factor can't be beat. The flexibility of webOS satiates the tinkerer within me. I finally got my Pre+ running close to the way I want my phone to run.

I'd kill for a better keyboard, though.
    I would buy it! I love mine! Best phone and handheld computer I have ever had.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I would buy again. I love my Pre Plus because:

- It is a true multitasking device
    - It charges via Touchstones
    - It has an excellent native web browser
    - The design of the hardware is elegant, low key and compact
    - It has WiFi
    - It runs Preware, opening it up to a plethora of customization options, many of which I've already taken advantage of
    - It does not restrict you to one source of apps
    - It has a highly refined and polished operating system
    - Its technical specifications are impressive
    - Synergy

Is there anything I don't like? Sure. The phone is all plastic--very good quality plastic, but plastic all the same. The email app is unfinished--as hard as Palm pushes users to embrace Google, I'm surprised the email app does not mirror Gmail functionality better than it does. My BlackBerry Storm was better in this regard. The camera app provides virtually no user-selectable options. But I'm really just nitpicking.

I am anxiously awaiting the next webOS device from Palm, whether it's a tablet or a phone, because I'll be all over it.
    I wouldn't buy it again, because the lack of apps, nothing to do with the home screen, and the multitasking isn't really good on the Pre/Pixi. Open certain apps or too many and the phone starts to slow down.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagebrush View Post
    Bell Mobility (Canada) is offering the Pre for FREE on a $50 monthly plan for 2 years or 3 years with a $15 monthly discount. 200 minutes voice per month.

After using one for however long you've had it would you buy it again or switch?
    I love it, the OS is great, better than the iPhone in my opinion (I had an iPhone for 2 years). If I was you, though, I would wait a little longer to see if new hardware is released. If not, then get the Pre!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    I love it,,almost a year with my pre and never have doctored it either. Never had one issue,still looks as new,no oreo and does everything I need it to do,,and so much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I wouldn't buy it again, because the lack of apps, nothing to do with the home screen, and the multitasking isn't really good on the Pre/Pixi. Open certain apps or too many and the phone starts to slow down.
    um, sir, are you serious? Ok, sure, maybe have more than 5 cards open and you might run into problems...but there is no way that there is any other mobile OS that comes anywhere close to WebOS's multitasking!
    What other phone can you have angry birds open, and youtube walkthrough of the level you are on, and easily and quickly switch between the game and youtube? So fluidly and easily. My roommate here at college has an iPhone 4, and I play with it from time to time...I tried angry birds and youtube multitasking, and it sucked. (Although it was a whole new world playing angry birds on that big, shiny iPhone screen...)

Also, someone above said how the phone is all plastic, well, buying and putting on the touchstone back cover cuts the plastic feel down by 50%
    Plus touchstone makes charging your phone fun again!
    I've had the phone since July of last year. If my contract was up right now, I would not buy it again. I bought in because of the great interface and window management, with the assumption that the app support would be good enough fairly soon. Specifically, I was looking at medical and productivity apps. Boy, was I wrong there. There are a couple of mobile OSes out there with much better app support. If you don't mind taking the hit in the multi-tasking/window management category, go for something else, especially since you're going to be spending the same about of money/month anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    um, sir, are you serious? Ok, sure, maybe have more than 5 cards open and you might run into problems...but there is no way that there is any other mobile OS that comes anywhere close to WebOS's multitasking!
    What other phone can you have angry birds open, and youtube walkthrough of the level you are on, and easily and quickly switch between the game and youtube? So fluidly and easily. My roommate here at college has an iPhone 4, and I play with it from time to time...I tried angry birds and youtube multitasking, and it sucked. (Although it was a whole new world playing angry birds on that big, shiny iPhone screen...)
    That's called task switching. I didn't say anything was wrong with the task switching in webos. Matter of fact I think it has the best task switcher on any platform. I'm talking about multitasking, things running in the background. And I think webos does a poor job at memory management.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    That's called task switching. I didn't say anything was wrong with the task switching in webos. Matter of fact I think it has the best task switcher on any platform. I'm talking about multitasking, things running in the background. And I think webos does a poor job at memory management.
    I'm pretty sure that if you don't close an app, say the music app, and switch to another app, the music will keep playing! (just an example).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast