1.    #1  
    I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

This has happened before, usually after doing an update I notice it the most. But the strange thing it's happening more and more on it's own.

It could be charging on a touch stone and all of a sudden the phone will wake up and dial a random number. I started to lock my phone and not leave the phonebook app open, but just Saturday, it dialed 911 on its own.
    just had to replace mine because of this
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    So you went to a Sprint store and explain to them what happened and they replaced it?
    Did you have patches installed and if so you removed them before going to the store?

Thanks for you quick reply.
    This has also happened to some people due to overheating and/or dirty screens and bad screen protectors. Could be worth looking into those issue first.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Don't forget those darn 3rd party chargers!
    yes but i also had it doing the touching itself thing while they were looking at it . but if you can show them it while its messing up like that would be the best. if not then you could show them the call list and maybe get them to either get you a refurb or something. no i didnt remove any patches but i did use the advanced launcher app to hide the so called dangerous apps like uberkernel and such i didnt even uninstall it . but thats up to you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Lol, I believe some of these phones are possesed.(forum humour) Mine answer a call by itself yesterday, or maybe I accidentally press the answer button..instead of the ignore one. :-D:-D
  8.    #8  
    @Rush, that happened to me before as well. It was on the touch tone and I said to myself, Oh gosh I don't feel like speaking to that person now, they gonna keep me on the phone forever, sure enough the phone answered, they kept on saying hello, hello, and I hung up on them.

I thought it was the proximity sensor patch so I removed it.

I have a screen protector, still on and its not dirty.

Funny that you mentioned heat, because was running Govnah with my old battery, and it would run at 42 to 46 degrees Celsius, but ordered another battery about a week ago, and that runs 10 degrees lower, doing the same functions. Even streaming wefunkradio.com on the touchstone doesn't generate that much heat.

But the dialing random numbers started again.

Like I mentioned earlier, usually, It will do it for about a week or so after an official palm upgrade, then go back to normal, but as of late its been happening again.
    the processor is going out is what i believe . this happened to me as well it did it once or twice then it stopped and then whenever the processor was put under any kind of stress it started up again. until it just went all the way out. if you have uberkernel i would suggest you remove it .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Has happened once to me, but once only (thankfully).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the processor is going out is what i believe . this happened to me as well it did it once or twice then it stopped and then whenever the processor was put under any kind of stress it started up again. until it just went all the way out. if you have uberkernel i would suggest you remove it .
    Sometimes I do remove my overclock kernal for a while, then I get frustrated with the stock 500mhz, so I switch back again.( I'm addicted to super speed.. I guess) z:-D:-D
    meee too rush
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    This happens to me too! For the last 2 weeks, it's been doing it much more often to the point that the phone is almost useless. It dials, reads mail, adds stuff to the calendar, ignores calls, sends tweets.. all on it's own. Then it plays catch me if you can with the deck of cards and my fingers. Bad thing is that like 6 months ago I dropped it and it has a small scratch in the corner of the phone, not the screen.. and Sprint people now won't change it.

If I have to shed $100 for the insurance, I might as well get an EVO and get done with Pre surprises. After all, there will be no new palm device 'till next year and no WP7 in Sprint either so, my only option now I think, it's the EVO. The Epic is too expensive.

i expect a device from hp palm sooner than next year !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Have you read this? rahulsood.com/2010/09/test.html
    He's obviously not saying that it'll take a long time for something new to come along, but he isn't denying it either and usually, that means it will take time. Specially when you have a community so fired up for new stuff and threatening to switch sides.
    did you see the artical with him holding some blacked out devices lol its already deved up man just got to mass produce it is all
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    But this problem also happened before I ran the overclocking patch.

But right now, I'm running uberkernel and my phone has been locking up in the photo app. I have a wall paper folder with 115 pictures, of all different sizes. While scrolling through it sometimes freezes to the point where I have to restart the phone, even when I set Govnah to stock pre it still slows down after scrolling.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by regulluz View Post
    This happens to me too! For the last 2 weeks, it's been doing it much more often to the point that the phone is almost useless. It dials, reads mail, adds stuff to the calendar, ignores calls, sends tweets.. all on it's own. Then it plays catch me if you can with the deck of cards and my fingers. Bad thing is that like 6 months ago I dropped it and it has a small scratch in the corner of the phone, not the screen.. and Sprint people now won't change it.

If I have to shed $100 for the insurance, I might as well get an EVO and get done with Pre surprises. After all, there will be no new palm device 'till next year and no WP7 in Sprint either so, my only option now I think, it's the EVO. The Epic is too expensive.

My last straw was when the phone dialed Antigua for 8 minutes and I live in the U.S. and saw an extra $15 on the bill. I logged into my Sprint account and and sent them an email and as a courtesy they removed it. I also explained that I plan on contacting them to see what they can do about the phone.

I spoke to a rep, who ask me to turn off the phone and they then put me in touch with technical support. I explained to them that I have ran the WebOS doctor and this is still happening. They asked me how long did I have the phone and did it ever fall in water. I told them under a year and it never got wet. They then notified me that they were going to send me a replacement phone because Palm phones are covered for a year. I received another email stating that I don't have the total equipment protection plan, so I'll see who's correct but I think since Palm phones are covered for a year, that supersedes.

I do have 15 days to return the phone, and I will remove all patches, kernels and preware.

Thanks again Shadavis08 for your initial suggestion to contact Sprint.