1. CT
    I have a home wifi network, and there are two city wide subscriber based wifi networks also available.

I can connect my Palm Pre to my wifi network, but within a very short period it will leave mine and latch onto one of the available city wide networks. Of course I can't access the internet via those since they are subscriber based.

Question, is there anyway to stop this, or otherwise block out the other wifi networks?

I have a similar issue with a Windows Mobile device leaving my Palm Pre Hotspot connection and jumping to other available wifi networks. Very frustrating. Thanks for any help you all might provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    I have a home wifi network, and there are two city wide subscriber based wifi networks also available.

I can connect my Palm Pre to my wifi network, but within a very short period it will leave mine and latch onto one of the available city wide networks. Of course I can't access the internet via those since they are subscriber based.

Question, is there anyway to stop this, or otherwise block out the other wifi networks?

I have a similar issue with a Windows Mobile device leaving my Palm Pre Hotspot connection and jumping to other available wifi networks. Very frustrating. Thanks for any help you all might provide.
    The stronger connection usually is the one that your wifi connector would be connecting too. Sorry, I have no idea on how would you stop that from happening. Maybe someone with this knowledge may chime in to assist in this matter.

cheers~
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    The stronger connection usually is the one that your wifi connector would be connecting too. Sorry, I have no idea on how would you stop that from happening. Maybe someone with this knowledge may chime in to assist in this matter.

cheers~
    Look at the post above yours. That's how to do it lol...
  4. CT
    GuyFromNam-many thanks, that solved it! I didn't know that option existed. Now if Windows Mobile had the same option I'd be set. Thanks again.