1.    #1  
    Can anyone please help i am trying to add a new email account so i can change my palm profile, but when i launch the email and click on the tab at top corner and click preferences and accounts i cant see an option to add or remove account and default account is blank is there another way to add a new profile account?
    palm profile is created when you activate the phone.

if you just want to change the email address, you do that from the palm.com sisupport site where you manage your profile.
  3.    #3  
    I have tried doing it that way but it doesn't change anything on the phone at all, i put my friends email in on palm site and when i checked on the pre it was still all my emails even after a reboot, the reason i want to add another profile is a friend of mine needs to borrow my pre for a while as his phone has died and i have a works phone i can use so was going to lend him mine but dont want my emails etc there for him to view so need to remove my email and put his on to get his stuff on the pre.
    Oh... You could do a 'full erase'. That would bring you back to the Palm profile creation/login screen where your friend could make his own profile. Make sure to use Save/Restore in Preware to back up all your app data.
    If you want to change your Palm Profile email address:

Go to the Backup app, tap the top left menu, pick Palm Profile, and you can edit your fields there.

If you want to remove your email account & emails:

Go the Email app, tap the top left menu, pick Preferences & Accounts, and you can remove and add email accounts there.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6.    #6  
    how do i use the save/restore thing on preware work sorry to sound bit thick but how will i be able to get my stuff back once ive saved it?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    If you want to change your Palm Profile email address:

Go to the Backup app, tap the top left menu, pick Palm Profile, and you can edit your fields there.

If you want to remove your email account & emails:

Go the Email app, tap the top left menu, pick Preferences & Accounts, and you can remove and add email accounts there.
    Tried all of that and it doesnt work i havent even got an option for add or remove accounts thanks for reply though.
    Quote Originally Posted by M4rkF31 View Post
    how do i use the save/restore thing on preware work sorry to sound bit thick but how will i be able to get my stuff back once ive saved it?

0) Back up all your data in Save/Restore before doctoring. Just go under Save Application Data and click Save All. Then doctor and resign into your profile.
    1) Leave the phone alone until contacts/email/calendar are synced and apps have all downloaded.
    2) Download and install Preware. Write your saved package list.
    3) Download and install Save/Restore.
    4) Open Save/Restore and restore ONLY Preware (so it will write your old saved package list).
    5) Go to Preware, open your newly rewritten saved package list and let it reinstall all your old patches and homebrew apps.
    6) THEN, go back to Save/Restore and open any apps in the restore list that need to have data restored to them (or the apps won't restore data).
    7) Finally, go ahead and hit the restore all apps button. Since you should now have ALL of your old apps (homebrew + catalog), the launcher should restore to exactly how it was before.
    8) Phone restart.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Tried all of that and it doesnt work i havent even got an option for add or remove accounts thanks for reply though.
    That's the only way on the pre to edit your profile. Make sure you enter your password when prompted which will take you to the other screen. If that doesn't work for you contact hp|palm tech support for assistance.

cheers~
    How you are getting your email then? Under accounts in Preferences/Accounts in the email app, are you saying you don't have an email showing under Accounts?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    How you are getting your email then? Under accounts in Preferences/Accounts in the email app, are you saying you don't have an email showing under Accounts?

Yes in the box for default account in preferences/accounts it is blank although i am still able to get my email on the pre
    Yes in the box for default account in preferences/accounts it is blank although i am still able to get my email on the pre
    Did you try removing your accounts from the Email app?
    That sounds like it should be kind of impossible. Are you using an Exchange account to get your emails?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  15.    #15  
    No dont know what exchange account is mine is just a standard uk aol account
    In this case you need to start over from fresh.
  17.    #17  
    Ok then thanks to all for the help i'll give everything suggested ago and then hopefully it will be done thanks again much appreciated.
    Can anyone please help i am trying to add a new email account so i can change my palm profile, but when i launch the email and click on the tab at top corner and click preferences and accounts i cant see an option to add or remove account and default account is blank is there another way to add a new profile account?
    There should be an "Add Account" button at the bottom of the Preferences and Accounts screen. Your Email app doesn't have this?
    Are there any accounts listed and just the default account is empty?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!