1.    #1  
    I've been having this problem for a few weeks, and I do believe it is occurring more often now...

All of a sudden, I randomly get "too many cards opened" error messages when I open up an app, whether it's a downloaded app, or a standard one included in the Pre like contacts, calendar, or messaging. The problem is I get these messages when I have only one card on the screen, and often even when there are no cards at all. It's not like I have ten cards open at a time.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do about it? It's rather annoying because at random, yet frequent occurrences when I need to look up a phone number or send a text message or whatever, I can't open up the app to do it because I get this message when I really shouldn't.

Any help is appreciated.
    Are you running any of the overclock kernels at all?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Are you running any of the overclock kernels at all?
    I'm going to be an ***** for a minute and ask what overclock kernels are... which chances are means that the answer is no.
    do you restart you phone everyday. It really helps.. Also you can download uberkernel and govnah, set compcache up and say goodbye to the tmc.
  5.    #5  
    I don't restart the phone unless I need to for whatever reason. I have no clue what uberkernel, govnah, and compcache are. Okay, I guess I'm an ***** for more then a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirstydeer View Post
    I'm going to be an ***** for a minute and ask what overclock kernels are... which chances are means that the answer is no.
    LOL... yup, that means 'no'. If you have Preware installed on your device, install the Uberkernel, and Govnah app. This will allow you to overclock your device speed which will make the device run faster and smoother - the added benefit is that the Too Many Cards (TMC) errors go away.

Uberkernel - is a custom kernel that speeds up your device
    Govnah - is an app that allows you to choose speed settings for the device. You can either custom set the speeds, or choose from presets (ie: Screenstate which runs you device at faster speeds when the screen is ON, and automatically runs a slower speed to conserve battery power when the screen is OFF).

Both of those are available for free in Preware.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/18/2010 at 11:08 PM.
    What he said is right if u want more check out webos internals they have a nice wiki that will tell u how to do it also feel free to ask us any queastions but a search will most the time do that good luck and happy overclocking also if u do not wish to oc u can just enable conpanchie not sure how to spell it but u can turn that on once u get uber and govnah installed
    the whole point to the conpanchie stopping the to many cards error is that it stops it from happening under normal circumstances, if your getting that error with 1 card open (from a stock app) there is something more going on with your phone if it keep happening I'd doctor the phone and wipe it clean before I got kernals and compachies