Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Calander(hidden)
    Email
    Messaging(hidden)
    Preware
    Launcher(hidden), I too wish this could be swapped out.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    speed dial plus, browser, pReader, Email
    eMail
    Calendar
    ProntoDial - great app that allows you to either dial or text someone real easily. Also allows for a dashboard icon for easy access to the phone app itself. Fast, too.
    ScreenOff - considering how unreliable the on/off button on the Pre is, this app reduces by half the number of times one has to use this button.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    phone
    messaging
    bad kitty
    facebook
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    I wish i had a scrollable launcher...

Messaging, phone, nanplayer, browser
    camera, messaging, tweed, browser.
    phone, browser, email, agenda
    Email, QuickQue and SMS
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

Useless Launcher button - would be nice if it could be replaced with something else.
    +1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    That probably could have been worded a little better.
    Yeah, in retrospect, it certainly could have.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Email, Phone, Calendar, Checkbook
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Photo Dialer
    Calendar
    Contacts
    Email
    Why do so many people keep the phone icon in there?

Its absolutely useless with universal search...

If I want to dial someone I just type their initials (to dial John Smith I type "JSJSJS&$quot$;) $and$ $up$ $pops$ $their$ $number$.

If I want to dial voicemail I just hit the 1/e key and BAM! voicemail pops up.

The only time I ever open the phone app is when I want to go back and look at a number to add it to contacts, which isn't very often.
    phone
    calender
    Email, with patch that shows number of unread on the icon. The envelope opens when I have email. (not trying to brag)
    browser
    And this one icon that I can't move, I don't know the purpose of it.
    From left to right....

phone
    camera
    messaging
    browser
    launcher
    It's so cool how no one has the same things on their launcher!

I have Email, Facebook, Text, and Fit 23.
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    Why do so many people keep the phone icon in there?
    Its absolutely useless with universal search...
    I agree. The phone icon really doesn't serve much of a purpose with universal search. But, I suspect the reason most people do is that they either haven't found another program to replace it with or simply haven't really spent much time with universal search to see how useful it is for dialing.

I think Palm really should have left it off the launcher, personally. That would force people to use the very cool universal search. Of course, a lot would complain that it is a phone after all. So, the icon should be in the launcher.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    I use this : Phone, Messaging, Browser, Contacts and the Launcher Arrow.

I could go without the contacts since I use the Universal Search for everything but I have yet to find something that fits my theme correctly an I use a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    I agree. The phone icon really doesn't serve much of a purpose with universal search. But, I suspect the reason most people do is that they either haven't found another program to replace it with or simply haven't really spent much time with universal search to see how useful it is for dialing.

I think Palm really should have left it off the launcher, personally. That would force people to use the very cool universal search. Of course, a lot would complain that it is a phone after all. So, the icon should be in the launcher.
    Well most of the time I have to dial numbers that are not in my contacts. I'd hate to slide the phone up just to make a call.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Looks like I get to be the first one

Nothing at all in my launcher bar - I don't use it

Also, for those that are critical of what others have in their launcher bar - maybe they find it useful to THEM. That is why it is their launcher bar.
    Dan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast