1.    #1  
    This is a re-post from a previous thread, since this is a fix I posted it to a new thread as well.

So I had the can't text 1 number issue. I fixed it without deleting all texts.

Instead of editing the database directly on the phone you should copy the database to your computer and use any sqlite program to examine your database. There is a plugin for firefox that can edit sqlite tables. Once you have the database open you will find entries in the com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread that have a firstName of the phone number that you can not text. Use this step just to verify broken entries...

You will want to delete those and any other text messages that contain the broken phone number by using the commands below. You can't modify the tables outside of the phone since there are extensions used by palm to create a Coalition sequence "Localzied_secondary". You will see errors to this effect if you try to delete them from sqlspy or sqlite manager while examining the table in Windows.

You need terminal access to your phone of some sort. I setup openssh with putty. (careful dropbear and openssh are two different ssh apps). You could do all this with novaterm or on the pre directly if you have the terminal app (and the patience to type it in manually). I wanted to be able to cut and paste so I got a real terminal and logged into the phone via USB.

Here are the steps...
    On the phone
    1. Delete the affected contact from contacts.
    2. Backup the database. (just in case) - Just copy it with the copy command
    3. Load the database with sqlite3
    4. Load the extensions to the database
    5. Run the delete commands to fix individual records.
    6. use [crtl-d] to exit sqlite3
    6. Restart Luna
    7. Add the contact back
    8. txt like mad!

Here are the commands for steps 2-5 above.

#2 cp -f /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal/
    copies the database
    #3 sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    loads sqlite3
    #4 .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    loads the extensions
    #5 DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="brokenuser";
    OR
    #5 DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="(702) 555-1212";

Using the above example delete statements you can modify which row you want to delete. Make sure to delete all texts to the broken contact and the broken phone number. You should make another copy of your database when you are finished then verify that the entries are deleted.

HTH,
    Joe
    Last edited by joepostal; 09/13/2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Clarifying the instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by joepostal View Post
    This is a re-post from a previous thread, since this is a fix I posted it to a new thread as well.

So I had the can't text 1 number issue. I fixed it without deleting all texts.

Copy the database to your computer and use any sqlite program to examine your database you will find entries in the com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread that have a firstName of the phone number that you can not text.

You will want to delete those and any other text messages that contain the broken phone number. You can't modify the table outside of the phone since there are extensions used by palm to create a Coallation sequence "Localzied_secondary". You will see errors to this effect if you try to delete them from sqlspy or sqlite manager.

I first setup openssh with putty. (careful dropbear and openssh are two different ssh apps) You could do all this with novaterm or on the pre directly if you have the terminal app. I wanted to be able to cut and paste.

Here are the steps

1. Delete the affected contact from contacts.
    2. Backup the database. (just in case)
    3. Load the database with sqlite3
    4. Load the extensions to the database
    5. Run the delete commands to fix individual records.
    6. use [crtl-d] to exit sqlite3
    6. Restart Luna
    7. Add the contact back
    8. txt like mad!

Here are the commands for steps 2-5 above.

cp -f /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal/
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so

DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="brokenuser";

OR

DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="(702) 555-1212";

Using the above example delete statements you can modify which row you want to delete. Make sure to delete all texts to the broken contact and the broken phone number. You should make another copy of your database when you are finished then verify that the entries are deleted.

HTH,
    Joe
    How did you get the database back into your phone without corrupting it?
  3.    #3  
    The backup is for just in case, you are actually modifying the database directly.
    "sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3"
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    use any sqlite program
    setup openssh with putty. (careful dropbear and openssh are two different ssh apps) You could do all this with novaterm

cp -f /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal/
    sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so

DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="brokenuser";

OR

DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="(702) 555-1212";

All of this is like french to me. But I think I may be able to translate (eventually) on my own. I think the first step would be finding a sqlite program with an easy-to-use gui. My problem (besides the phone number) is that I keep finding puzzle pieces to a sqlite program; nothing I can doubleclick like WOSQI or install and use like the gazillion other programs I have. Anyone know of a simple point & click sqlite program I can use?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Update! I found Navicat Lite.. I just really don't know what to do with it.
    Last edited by P. Doeboy; 09/21/2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Update
  5.    #5  
    Once you do step 2 you can then copy the PalmDatabase.db3 to a computer from the phone usb drive. Then you can examine the database with "sqlite manager" which is a plug in for firefox.

2. - cp -f /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal/

Once you find the offending phone number run step 3 and 4 and 5 directly in a terminal on the phone or through a telnet or ssh connection.

3. - sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    4. - .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    5. - DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="(702) 555-1212";
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Once you find the offending phone number run step 3 and 4 and 5 directly in a terminal on the phone or through a telnet or ssh connection.

3. - sqlite3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3
    4. - .load /usr/lib/sqlite3_palm_extension.so
    5. - DELETE FROM com_palm_messaging_data_ChatThread WHERE firstname="(702) 555-1212";
    When I do steps 3-5 in the Terminal app for my phone it responds with "Error: database is locked"

How do I get around that?
    (thanks)
  7.    #7  
    I didn't have that trouble, maybe you have to be in developer mode?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I definitely have it in developer mode. I think I got that error because I had Internalz still open. I tried it again and changed the semicolon and quote around because of what it said in the opening line of text when I first started sqlite. Here's what I got:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I checked my text messages right after I did that and sure enough the one text from that number is STILL there. Maybe I shoulda restarted before going back to my texts?

I'm gonna try again the exact way you said and post a screen shot
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Uploaded with Shaddap, Imageshack

I did it the exact way you said through terminal and above is the screenshot. Should I restart before I open my text messages? Did it even do anything?
    Last edited by P. Doeboy; 09/22/2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: grammar
  10.    #10  
    The number might be in there as "803xxxxxxx" or "803 xxx-xxxx", verify that your deleting it by using the exact spacing and stuff as seen in the database.
    The semicolon has to be outside the quotes.
    Ya I've seen this fix before but to me a doctor seems easier
  12.    #12  
    If it happens again this method is way easier.
    Can this issue be solved withOUT connecting the Pre to a computer?
    As of now I cannot connect my phone to a computer AT all. Therefore I have no apps or anything of that nature. I've tried many different ways to get my computer to recognize my phone but nothing.
    My phone was flashed to Metro, and I need to take it to the guy in order to have him fix this issue with the computer. But I'd love to be able to text my girlfriend... only person I can't text.
  14.    #14  
    Yes, as long as you can find a way to install Preware, then install Terminal and type the commands in Terminal. Going to be a bit of a pain but you can do it.

One thing you won't know is exactly how the phone number is in there.
    So delete the number both ways. Once as "(702) 555-1212" and once as "7025551212"

I don't think you can paste in terminal either so the keypad is it
    But it does have command line recall, check the menu for special keys. "Gesture 2" is up and is also command recall.
    GL
    Last edited by joepostal; 09/22/2010 at 06:04 PM. Reason: don't know if you can get preware with out quickinstall...
    Thnx Joe, unfortunately I cannot get Preware on my Pre without a computer. So I'll just have to wait a bit longer.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm trying to use sqlite manager for firefox to look into the "database" but its not working out for me. Am I missing something?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  17.    #17  
    Change to view all file types... the program is looking for files that end in .sqlite not .db3.
    so has anyone done this in a while?

I deleted the problematic contact from my contacts, I also deleted the the messages I recived from that number. (this might be why this isnt working for me)

when I look throught the database I find nothing refering to that number or contact.

but the problem continues.

i did try running the delete commands for the number and contact name anyway, just incase i was missing something, but that didn't help.

anyway, any ideas? thanks!

I'd rather not loose all my message history by doing a wipe or doctor.

-cedar