Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I have noticed that when I leave the charger on my battery say for 12 to 16 hours that at some point in that span the battery begins to discharge and on occassion has gone down to zero.

Any thoughts?
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    How old is your battery? You can download the Dr. Battery app via Preware and check the health.

Without more info, it's difficult to say what the problem is but a bad battery is one possibility.

Also check out the Dr. Battery thread. Lots of good info there.
    Could also be a problem with the charging method you are using, the USB cables sometimes go bad.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    The battery is the original one that came with the phone so it is about 15 months old. The USB cable seems to be fine as the phone always recognizes when the charger is plugged in and when I plug it into a PC.
    If your battery is going to zero, or close to it, you need to charge it via an ac outlet, plugging it into a PC won't charge it if it gets that low.

Try the Doctor battery app, it will tell you what the current health (capacity) is.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    If your battery is going to zero, or close to it, you need to charge it via an ac outlet, plugging it into a PC won't charge it if it gets that low.

Try the Doctor battery app, it will tell you what the current health (capacity) is.
    This only happens when it is plugged into the AC charger over night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rombo View Post
    This only happens when it is plugged into the AC charger over night.
    Well, you are going to have to do some troubleshooting which involves the process of elimination. Check the battery first.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Searched for the Battery app in the Pre Catalog and came up with zilch.
    Searched for the Battery app in the Pre Catalog and came up with zilch.
    It's not in the Palm app catalog, it's a homebrew app available via Preware. Have you used Preware? If so, check under "List of Everything" and type in Dr. Battery, it should show up.

You also need to install the service, which Preware should automatically do for you.

If you can't find it via Preware, you can get them from the PreCentral site:

Dr. Battery

DrBatterySrv
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am not familiar with homebrew apps at all on the Pre
    I have to agree. Homebrew makes the Pre.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    This will help you understand what Homebrew is and how to install Preware. Once you install that, you can easily install the Dr. Battery application to check your battery.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have to agree. Homebrew makes the Pre.
    Were you agreeing to one of my posts? I know I made one about homebrew making the Pre but it got deleted....not by me, though.

Wonder who deleted it and why?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This will help you understand what Homebrew is and how to install Preware. Once you install that, you can easily install the Dr. Battery application to check your battery.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-themes.html
    Thanks for the link. Are you sure that the homebrew apps are stable? This kinda reminds me of the cydia apps for Jailbroken Apple devices.

My only real use for the Pre is as a phone and I depend on it so I can't risk having it crash or anything as it is extremely stable from the factory.

Please Advise
    Thanks for the link. Are you sure that the homebrew apps are stable?
    Please Advise
    Well, I would tell you that they are but my post may get deleted again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Well, I would tell you that they are but my post may get deleted again.

Hombrew apps are as stable as apps from the app catalog. That's for sure.
    You can also download unstable apps from the app catalog.

EDIT: Unfortunately there are not so many fart apps in the hombrew.
    Thanks for the link. Are you sure that the homebrew apps are stable? This kinda reminds me of the cydia apps for Jailbroken Apple devices.

My only real use for the Pre is as a phone and I depend on it so I can't risk having it crash or anything as it is extremely stable from the factory.

Please Advise
    I've been using Preware since I got my phone almost a year ago and haven't had any problems. Matter of fact, the one time I had a problem with an app was with one I bought from the Palm App store, it froze my pre to the point where I had to delete it just to make the phone work at all. Preware and precentral are the two best things that ever happened to pre...

Also, get Dr. Battery, so worth it, and, if you're having significant problems you need to take the phone to the store. I took mine today and they replaced my battery outright. It's why I've stayed with Sprint for 9 years now...
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.
    You may have already seen this thread. Same story.
    Is this actual a new problem, or did you never tested it before?
    after 15 months, you can assume it is time for a new battery. Many have suggested the Mugen 1400mAh battery that has more juice than the opriginal, but fits in the same space.