Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello folks,

my o2 Germany Pre is overclocked with uberkernel and screenstate at 500/720.
    And at the moment it is charging over USB.
    Now I used it and when hold the finger in the middle of the screen it was like the Pre gave me an electric shock. My hands are both tingling a bit. I am ill at the moment, maybe that causes it, but my last Pre didn't do that.
    What about you?

Mahir
    That hasn't happened to me, are you using the usb cable that came with the phone?
    Yes, that is definitely not normal and not a regular issue reported with the Pre.

I'd contact Palm or the carrier about it.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Pics or it didnt happen.

Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Well that doesnt sound right at all... and through the plastic in the screen? No... that doesnt sound right at all. You should probably look into some kind of nerve damage or something... maybe you were resting your elbow on your funny bone or some such...
    That sounds quite shocking (pun intended) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  7.    #7  
    Well, over the day I didn't mention it until I thought about it, but yesterday it was just about a strange feeling. However, I will ask some more people and see if they feel it.

edit: My sister doesn't mention anything.
    Last edited by mahirrr; 09/19/2010 at 07:00 AM.
    Have you installed the"Defibrillator"patch from preware?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    well if u are living in germany.. electrical static shock between metal components is very normal...
    Palm Pixi Plus Vodafone on o2 Network
    Dropbox. It goes to 11. Get Dropbox HERE
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Have you installed the"Defibrillator"patch from preware?
    No, should I?

edit: I dcotored it some minuts ago and had for myself the same feeling - as I said before, my sister doesn't mention anything.
    where can I get that defibrillator patch? Lol o man that was good.
    I used to have that problem when I was using an aftermarket charger...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
  13.    #13  
    I am charging the Pre at the USB Port of my iMac. It only think the electric shoc(exactly it's not really a shock, like a the electricity flowing into my hand) and that only when charging. I use the original usb cable.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    If it does that again report the problem to your phone carrier or palm. Ps. How do you prove that what happen.. did. They won't fix the phone unless the problem is visible. Did you remove the kernal and see if it does the same thing.
    Yes, I doctored it and at the moment I just installed a few patches, no uberkernel, but the Pre's doing imo the same things. I will look tomorrow if the Pre of a friend does the same.

When the pre is on charging and I just hold it in my hand, like the iPhone 4 when causing the antenna issues, it's like I can feel how the electric comes and my thumb starts to tingle.

edit: sometimes I have the same feeling without having the battery in the phone and so on...so something is wrong with me, I think...^^

With the Pre turned on it feels sometimes like a bit stronger..man, what's wrong? Let's wait..
    Last edited by mahirrr; 09/19/2010 at 09:16 AM.
    edit: sometimes I have the same feeling without having the battery in the phone and so on...so something is wrong with me, I think...^^

(Rush's response)
    :-D That's funny. If it happens even with the batt out then I would suggest connecting usb cable to you and perform a webos doctor on yourself. This might fix your problem. :-D:-D

Ps. It's all fun here. Lol:-)
  16.    #16  
    I understand your fun, never mind : )
    Always thought the tazer thing was a feature
    New App Announcement: Pre Cattleprod
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    lol this is toooo funny !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    I am charging the Pre at the USB Port of my iMac. It only think the electric shoc(exactly it's not really a shock, like a the electricity flowing into my hand) and that only when charging. I use the original usb cable.
    Ah a Mac. There's your problem. It's Steve latest update to prevent you from using non-Apple products with 'his' hardware.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast