Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can use the web browser but my IT dept won't let it work with the stock application. Is there a way to make this work?
    thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    The iphone settings are very similiar to the Palm Pre settings. Do they allow any mobile devices to access? If the iphone or blackberrys can work I am 99% sure your Pre will work.
  3.    #3  
    they do support blackberrys but not the iphone. They make you purchase good. My email used to work through the app but the I.t. Changed settings.
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Maybe they changed the server address? My IT staff did that, then fielded quite few complaints from mobile users.
    If you can get webmail from the internet, your Pre can get it as well.

Instead of entering the Exchange server info into the email app, use the web server address (e.g. Http://webmail.company.com or whatever the web address is) and enter you web credentials and you should be good.
  6.    #6  
    thanks but that's what I do... And it does not work
  7.    #7  
    ant ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    ant ideas?
    Go have fun. You now have a legit excuse not to do work after hours.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    when you go to the web portal for email, does it start with http://mymail.compa....?

instead of webmail use mymail. Or try https:// instead.

put your user name as jsmith instead of john smith.

good luck!
  10.    #10  
    thanks so much but my company does not use mymail
    thanks but that's what I do... And it does not work
    What error message are you getting? Is there another user you can compare settings with?
    they do support blackberrys but not the iphone. They make you purchase good. My email used to work through the app but the I.t. Changed settings.
    They are probably running thru secure BB service then.

Guessing your web address starts with something like https://owa.*********

Can't help you, but that's how my works webmail is setup as well, have never tried syncing my exchange cuz well if I am not at work I have a job that doesn't require me to be available to e-mail.
  13.    #13  
    exchange has worked in the past. It just changed recently. There is an app called exchange owa. Wish the pre had this app
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Mobile Access to Outlook Web Access and a Blackberry Enterprise Server are apples and oranges. It seems that you company has gone the blackberry route so the Pre, iPhones, and Blackberry's aren't going to work. The best that you could do is see if they will forward a copy of your emails to a personal pop3 account or gmail and you can access it from your Pre that way. If not, ditch the pre and get a blackberry.
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
  15.    #15  
    thanks for all your input. Android has an app that is called exchange owa. I was wondering if anyone new anything about it. My company uses the good system so iphones are supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rombo View Post
    Mobile Access to Outlook Web Access and a Blackberry Enterprise Server are apples and oranges. It seems that you company has gone the blackberry route so the Pre, iPhones, and Blackberry's aren't going to work. The best that you could do is see if they will forward a copy of your emails to a personal pop3 account or gmail and you can access it from your Pre that way. If not, ditch the pre and get a blackberry.
    Not with you on the ditch the Pre and get a BB idea. But I do agree with everything else, if the OP doesn't need immediate push e-mail to do his job, he could deal with the problem of having to check his e-mail from the web. If his job actually requires him to access e-mail away from work/web (push) they should supply him with or supplement his cost of carrying a BB to do his job. If they don't, the cost can still be written off on taxes..... then again the only way they could really do that without supplying phone and/or plan would be if the OP agreed to carry a push compliant device upon hiring to allow constant access to the companies EAS e-mail. I highly doubt this is the case, or they would have assigned him a phone......

I could go on but I won't. To the OP, unless your work requires you to keep up with e-mails on your free time (can't imagine it's a requirement if they didn't issue a compliant device) then you may want to speak to your employer (and tax professional or lawyer) about the added cost of carrying an additional device. If something needs immediate attention you are reachable with any phone, so the e-mail issue is secondary. Just felt I had to add this advice after the suggestions you just dump whatever your personal phone of choice is for one that is business compliant. If you choose to use a business compliant device as a personal phone (I know many folks that do) that is a different issue.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Being in the industry the push is going away from the BES. Why spend the extra money on the server, software, and annual maintenance contract when starting with exchange 2003, mobile access was free.

Give it another 3 years and the blackberry devices will have an OWA client built in and ditch the BES as RIM continues to lose value.
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    I agree, so I don't understand why you would tell someone to ditch the Pre and get a BB???
  19.    #19  
    thanks for all your input. Android has an app that is called exchange owa. I was wondering if anyone new anything about it. My company uses the good system so iphones are supported.
  20.    #20  
    bump?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast