Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Does your IT department utilize certificates? That's the only way we can access OWA or mobile Exchange.
    the way i set mine up is use the exchange server (EAS) setting, then put in the web address you use to get to the webmail. For instance mine is https://xxxxxx.xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx.com (i work in the IT dept but idk if the higher ups will get angry about posting the webmail link) Then just enter the username and p/w to log on and everything works fine for me
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/08/2010 at 08:27 AM.
  3.    #23  
    My buddy just purchased "exchange OTA" for android. it was 20 bucks but his email and calendar work. He works for a company that does not allow EAS on cell phones. I wish someone could port that to webos
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Can you clarify a bit more the problem you're actually having because i have my work email loaded and it's OWA.

After selecting Manual Setup the connection settings would be:
    Exchange (EAS)
    myaccount@companyname.com
    https://owa.companyname.com (same as the web access address)
    companyname.com (DOMAIN)
    username
    password

There shouldn't be anything else to it than that. If you're trying to enter the same settings that you might have in Outlook those aren't going to work if they're using the local server address instead of the web server address.

Are those the settings you're trying to use that aren't working?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    ... I believe the issue is that Exchange Server email "mobile" access (such as WebOS or IPhone) is a setting that can be turned on or off on the server side Exchange Server software. I have an exchange email address on both my employer and my client, only one of which works on my Pre, for this reason.
    Last edited by papazoo; 10/07/2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by papazoo View Post
    ... I believe the issue is that Exchange Server email "mobile" access (such as WebOS or IPhone) is a setting that can be turned on or off on the server side Exchange Server software.
    This.

If your company has moved to Good, then almost certainly they will have turned off the built-in remote ActiveSync. Good provides extra security, so there wouldn't be much point in moving to Good if they still allowed access via the less-secure Remote ActiveSync.

Bottom line, you need a Good client.
  7.    #27  
    yes, but the $20 android app "Exchange OWA" allows your email to work even though the compny turned the active sync off. I WANT THAT APP ON WEBOS
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Ah, I get it. Apparently the OWA app interfaces with the actual webmail site and simply translates that to a more inbox-like experience. If the IT guys knew about this, they might not be happy about it. With the Good system, none of the email you receive will actually be copied to your device. The OWA app is probably copying stuff from the OWA page to a cache on the device.

If it gives you any satisfaction, you could tell on your Android buddies using the OWA app and possibly get them in trouble with IT.
  9.    #29  
    I would never do that to a friend. BUT I WANT THE APP FOR WEBOS!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12