Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Ok, so the wife's Pre had the triangle error, which Palm's site said to run the Dr. Did a full shutdown, reboot, then did a manual backup. I followed the directions for the Dr, including doing a battery pull, then ran the Dr. After signing into Palm Profile, realized there are missing contacts. Spent a lot of time (2+ hrs) on Chat/Phone with Palm "technical support", with several attempts to push the data to the phone. Still missing contact info. Any words of advice, or are these contacts gone forever? Thanks!
    Which cloud service were you saving your contacts to?
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 06:20 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    is it possible you didnt save those contacts to your palm profile? are you sure you synced up with any other sources you have, like google, facebook, etc. I may be wrong, but i think you have to re-enter your password and re-sync those after you doctor a phone.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Well, I have to admit I was stupid for not backing up all the info somewhere else rather than trusting the Palm servers would be a flawless backup. The contacts missing were from the Palm Profile. All of the FB and Yahoo contacts pulled over just fine when signed in to those accts and sync'd. After dealing with Palm support (a 3rd party, not Palm themselves), I really don't know what to think now. I'm almost to the point that I think this info is gone forever. Any experience/thoughts that would help?
    Almost no one trusts the Palm Profile for their only back-up, there have been a lot of problems with it.

Sorry, I wish I knew how to help.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yes, I am coming to realize this now. Thanks for the input. I am supposed to get a call back from 3rd tier support to "fix" this problem. I'm beginning to have my doubts...
    I am not sure if he could help or not, but we have a member here with the username Hardbeatz, who works for Palm and has helped quite a few people on the forum with various problems. It could be worth it to send him a PM.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks for the referral. I'll see if he/she can help.
    They'll restore an earlier backup, hopefully your missing contacts will be there.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 06:20 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yeah, we went through that last night...still missing the info...this sux...
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thx Rush. I checked the last backup before I did a manual backup, which said is backed up earlier that morning. I'll check out the patch for my pre. I hope Palm can recover the info. Thank you everyone for your input and help.
    Note: If you've have sprint.. You can log into your online account, and you can find all incoming and outgoing calls ~ the downfall to this is no names would be attach to those numbers. I would assume you would have to call or text the ones you don't recognize.

Good Luck.