1.    #1  
    So, after hearing from HP that new devices aren't going to be released anytime soon, I decided I'm gonna go for the Pre and overclock it. HP.com has the Pre on any network for free (with new line or upgrade, in my case, upgrade on Sprint). Here's my situation though. I have 5 lines on my Sprint account, 4 are actively used and the fifth is used, but very little use. That line has an upgrade on it. So, does anyone know if I can get the phone from HP.com using that 5th line's upgrade and when it I receive the phone, call Sprint and activate in on my line? Sprint says I can do this through their website, but they are obviously not sure about HP.com policies. Does anyone know how this will work?

By the way, HP.com redirects me to a website called http://www.wirelesscentralstore.com and it seems to work the same way that wirefly does in terms of layout and purchase process.

Thanks
    it will be just as if you bought it from sprint, radio shack, etc.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it will be just as if you bought it from sprint, radio shack, etc.
    See, that's what I think, but I Googled around and someone on some forum somewhere said that they also used the site to get a Pre, and the phone came unactivated, but after a few days, it activated itself and the old phone deactivated itself. And that cannot happen for me. So, I guess I'm wondering if someone has used the site before. If no one knows, I'll probably just call their support line.
    Quote Originally Posted by spatel14 View Post
    See, that's what I think, but I Googled around and someone on some forum somewhere said that they also used the site to get a Pre, and the phone came unactivated, but after a few days, it activated itself and the old phone deactivated itself. And that cannot happen for me. So, I guess I'm wondering if someone has used the site before. If no one knows, I'll probably just call their support line.
    Did that person port his # from 1 carrier to another?
    If you want the phone on a line different than the one you ordered it on, here is what I did last year. Activate it on the line you purchased it for, then call back the next day and switch it to the line you want. Only took 10 min or so for the phone call.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I got my pre from HP and as soon as you open the box you will find a form that says DO NOT ACTIVATE THROUGH SPRINT! there is a number to call to activate thru HP. I had just added a line to my account thru Sprint but didnt get a device with the activation (I got a pre on ebay) before I saw the HP deal. After I learned about the deal I called HP and they were able to get me a new pre for free and activated it to the line I had just added about a week earlier. So now my wife and I both have pre's!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I got my pre from HP and as soon as you open the box you will find a form that says DO NOT ACTIVATE THROUGH SPRINT! there is a number to call to activate thru HP. I had just added a line to my account thru Sprint but didnt get a device with the activation (I got a pre on ebay) before I saw the HP deal. After I learned about the deal I called HP and they were able to get me a new pre for free and activated it to the line I had just added about a week earlier. So now my wife and I both have pre's!
    So if I call HP when I get it to activate, can I activate on another line?
    I got a pre for wife.. But had to activate it on the line that the upgrade was available on... (happened to be her #)... Her new pre was activated when it was delivered... Didn't have to call hp or anyone since we were upgrading not adding new line. Freee was good and pre was better then her insinct
    I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money.

Modded Sprint Pre: 3" pulley s/c, i/c, 1.6 rockers, xp cam, slp headers, 3in exhaust, res/cat delete... oh wait wrong forum... ummm pre has lots of mc patches and a xtra mhz, ghtz, and chigglehertz
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i don't ~know~, so this is just my opinion. I don't think they care which line it's activated on. You are getting the phone for free for committing to a two year agreement. If there was a rebate involved, that would be a different story as the devce needs to be activated on the upgrade line until the rebate process was complete.
    In this case, I would think you are good to go, when you get the device, just call HP and tell them what you want to do.

I have done that on Sprint before (multiple times) and never had an issue.