1.    #1  
    Is there a patch that adds the ability to use pre-written messages in the messaging app? If not is this possible? I would love the ability to be able to just tap a pre-written message that I would say a lot, instead having to type the whole thing out all the time. And I know I'm lazy :-P
    There are a couple of apps for that..
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Might check out QuickClips or P2Snippets.
  4.    #4  
    wow thanks I did not know of these apps I'm gonna try out p2snippets. Thanks davis.rob
    Any of these apps integrate into the native message app or are they separate from it?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    There are a couple of apps for that..
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Might check out QuickClips or P2Snippets.
    I think the OP asked for a patch that integrates into SMS itself not a kludgey multi-process event where you have to switch between apps.

I've made a patch request for this and if you look here I think this is what the OP want's:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...call-text.html
    I use shortcuts that I added to the autoreplace file which I edit through Internalz. e.g. otw (on the way) or wfd (what's for dinner), etc. There is a tutorial on how to edit this file.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  8.    #8  
    [QUOTE=deesugar;2666202]I think the OP asked for a patch that integrates into SMS itself not a kludgey multi-process event where you have to switch between apps.

Yes, I agree with deesugar. This is what I would like to have because it would save time. The switching between apps kinda defeats the whole purpose of saving time. I tried using p2snippets but it's pointless because I could have typed it just as fast or faster. Having it within the messaging app would be a huge time saver and more conveinient. Also, I like the reply with a text idea too if you couldn't call at the momment.
    I sure do miss QuickText on my Treo. Is it too much to hope that HP will be able to provide the extra manpower so us old PalmOS users can get back the features we had for years? I love WebOS, but there's lot of features I miss from PalmOS.
    Here's the one I use:

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...eady-unlimited

Costs a buck & a half, but worth every penny IMO.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Nothing beats Shortcuts on PalmOS. It worked across all software, so it was better than Quicktext in SMS. The closest we have in WebOS is AutoCorrectEdit which allows you to edit the autoreplace files (Internalz seems to have made it obsolete, but I already bought it and like it). The problem with using autoreplace is that it does not work on all fields, and in particular it does not work in the email app to quickly type in a recipient with a shortcut or in any Password fields. I had a secret code on my Treo which typed in my PWs. If autoreplace could do that, it would be as good as Shortcuts was in PalmOS.
    I was fooling around with this a bit and found one interesting work around. If you send texts to yourself with canned messages, and then leave them in that "conversation", you can easily copy/paste them into any message. Messenger makes the "copy" real easy ... just touch an older message and you get an option. Paste can be done using the edit menu (or meta-tap-V if you can use the keyboard).
    AutoCorrect Edit has been a godsend for me!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I was fooling around with this a bit and found one interesting work around. If you send texts to yourself with canned messages, and then leave them in that "conversation", you can easily copy/paste them into any message. Messenger makes the "copy" real easy ... just touch an older message and you get an option. Paste can be done using the edit menu (or meta-tap-V if you can use the keyboard).
    Or even just forward these to your recipient with 2 taps. Great idea about using "to self" messages!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced