1.    #1  
    I'm trying to install the GPS Fix -- The Patch and after connecting my Pre to my PC the WebOS Quick Install program says No device detected, has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance.
    welcome to your new addictio.!!

are you in developer mode?

type webos06062009 amd tap the de mode icon.
    Is your Pre in Dev Mode?
    type webos20090606

LOL
    Yes you must enable Devloper mode to get the WebOS Quick Install to work

to enable dev mode type in webOS2090606
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  5.    #5  
    Sorry, I should have said, yes I'm in developer mode. Does Win 7 have anything to do with it?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Yes, it very well can ...

I use Windows 7 and had to mess with it a lot. Try different cords, different USB ports, re-install novacomd or make sure it is installed.

Or, least best option, borrow a friends computer for about 30 minutes who is still using Windows XP!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    make sure you use a palm cable. I use win7 with no problems.

restart your phone before plugging it in.
    These updated PC sometimes give problems installing certain applications. That's why I use Windows XP. The best.

Anyway, forum member jdod had suggested some good tips on how you might solve your problem.

Good luck. (BTW) Welcome!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

Its strange, I connect now without thinking about it, not sure what I did to get it working. Windows XP just seemed to work out of the box for me for some reason.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  10.    #10  
    Thanks, I see what I can do.

Dog Chow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

Same here Win 7 Ultimate and no problems
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    welcome to a very clingy girlfriend, the Pre. I connect to mine with win7 ultimate and no problem. Make sure the Palm Novacom service is started, and of course as stated 12 times, that your phone is in dev mode. Webosqi, novacom, and the Pre are 3 very temperamental cousins that only get along if everything is fine. Sometimes I have to do things in a specific order so that it works -- run webosqi, connect usb, then phone. Other times, I can do the opposite.

You omitted to say if you followed the webosqi install instructions completely, and we all assumed you did. And we all hope you are using webosqi 3.14.
  13.    #13  
    I'm really showing my ignorance, what is webosqi?
    Quote Originally Posted by jps pre View Post
    I'm really showing my ignorance, what is webosqi?
    WebOSQuickInstall

Read me: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html