1.    #1  
    I purchased a couple of the Touchstone bundles from Verizon a while back (can't beat 2 Touchstones and 2 car chargers for $21). I've been using the Touchstone in my house for a while and just last night got the one in my car set up the way I wanted it. My car doesn't have a lot of "dead" space where I could set the Touchstone up, so I had empty slot beneath my car stereo in the dash kit. Works like a charm. I fashioned a sliding device that the Touchstone is screwed onto. I cut a very small groove in the trim that goes around the stereo and air conditioner so the cord for the car charger fits right inside it (groove is on the bottom of the trim so it's not visible). Then I just ran the charger cord around my air conditioner, to the back of the stereo, cut a hole in the back of the dash kit, ran the cord through and plugged in the Touchstone. Now all I have to do is slide it out when I want to use it and slide it in when not in use so it's not in the way. It's not what I originally envisioned, but it does the trick for me. I went through 3 other configurations before settling on this one, but I'm happy with the results. Mainly I'm glad I don't have cord from the charger all over the place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    that looks awesome!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardes View Post
    that looks awesome!
    Thanks! I'd be embarassed to tell how long it took me to get it worked out. haha
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Great job on that! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do my touchstone in my car. Now it just kind of sits on the center console and when I make sharp turns, it likes to slide off into one of the footwells. (well, when the phone is on it, anyway) I have a ProclipUSA mount on the right side and I want to see if I can make it work with the touchstone somehow, just haven't done it yet.
    Palm user since my Palm Pilot Pro (B'day present 13 years ago, which I still have!) Previous devices include: IBM Workpad M100, C505, Palm i705, Palm Tungeston, 650, 680, and currently Pre! (There'll be more, I know it!)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wpavlik2 View Post
    Great job on that! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do my touchstone in my car. Now it just kind of sits on the center console and when I make sharp turns, it likes to slide off into one of the footwells. (well, when the phone is on it, anyway) I have a ProclipUSA mount on the right side and I want to see if I can make it work with the touchstone somehow, just haven't done it yet.
    My car didn't really have any place for me to mount anything on the dash, so that's why I had to get creative. I tested mine out today with some sharp turns and couple speed bumps and it held just fine. Good luck and hope it doesn't take you as long as it did me!
    I'm still looking for the right spot in my Dodge Charger. Any of my fellow charger owners have any suggestions?
    That looks awesome! My 2009 Jetta doesn't have much room either and I can't seem to find a place to put it!
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    That looks awesome! My 2009 Jetta doesn't have much room either and I can't seem to find a place to put it!
    I too have Mark 5 Volkswagen. I mount mine in a cradle to the windshield and let it lean against the dashboard.
    you will find MANY people posting their pics and ideas for car mounted touchstones here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ures-here.html