1.    #1  
    Just wondering if you've noticed any better battery life since updating to 1.4.5.

I have a Pixi and was thinking about getting a Pre if there was a big benifit.

Thanks.
    Mike
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I'd have to say it's a little worse. But that can be directly attributable to my new addiction to Angry Birds...

Other than that I have not noticed much of a difference either way.
    I haven't noticed a difference
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    I haven't noticed any difference, I am also OC'ing my Pre so that may be why...
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I'm not OC'ing my Pre and the battery life seems to be better but I can't quote an actual percentage yet. Siedio innocell 2600mAh "more junk in the trunk" battery. ;-)
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
    I actually seem to be getting better battery life.
    "Many men stumble across the truth, but most manage to pick themselves up
    and continue as if nothing had happened."
    - Winston Churchill
    Worse battery life. Much worse. I found NO benefit from this update. I didnt want it but the damn thing went ahead and updated anyway. Trying to get back to 1.4.3 is gonna be a PITA.... not thrilled right now with this phone.
    My Pre Plus came to me unlocked, I'm in Costa Rica, is there a risk of it becoming locked after the update? I mean if I update it would it still be unlocked
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I've actually found some better battery life since the upgrade to 1.4.5. For awhile I was noticing increasingly worse battery drain--prior to update--and was using battery monitor and battery doctor to try to help. I also tried switching some settings--change facebook, twitter, etc to manual updates, changed email settings, etc. Even with those changes, I was seeing battery drain of about 12% - 14% per hour. Since the update, I'm back to a more respectable 6% - 7% drain per hour. I know there weren't many 'improvements' that came along with 1.4.5; however, I for one am glad it's improved my battery life for whatever reason it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    I'd have to say it's a little worse. But that can be directly attributable to my new addiction to Angry Birds...

Other than that I have not noticed much of a difference either way.
    Angry birds is really rough on battery life. Most games are, but AB is so addictive that I play for much longer periods and totally lose track of time.
    I know CDMA Verizon Palm Pre Plus is a different "bird" but I also noticed a slightly better battery life since 1.4.5. I can see how addictive Angry Birds is...
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Yes indeed. The battery life is better. I can go all day long, play games, web, e-mail, texts, and phone calls with my girfriend (who can talk and talk and talk....) and I still have 30% left before bed time. Performance seems to be snapier too, but there was never any lag to begin with. :-)
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
    My battery life has went up enough for me to notice. If I stay on a 3g connection all day it's noticeably better. Jumping from Edge and back isn't as nice. Well worth the jump to 1.4.5 tho.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).