1.    #1  
    I have a Palm with Exchange as my mail client. No problems texting what so ever. My wife just got a Pre and her email is associated with gmail. Every time she adds a new contact with phone # it associates the contact with Google. I am assuming this is to sync her address book with gmail. However, she can't text any contacts added that are associated with Google. I have checked settings to no avail. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Well, this is a new one. I have Google and have never had a problem.

Is it a stock phone or has it been patched?
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Stock phone
    If you go into her contacts app, does the little sms icon show by the numbers?

Has she tried just typing in the number?
  5.    #5  
    Yes, the SMS bubble shows up next to the number but is unresponsive when selected. Thanks for your help!
    Unresponsive? What if you reboot? If you switch your default contact profile to Palm and add a new number does it work?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Unresponsive? What if you reboot? If you switch your default contact profile to Palm and add a new number does it work?
    Rebooting now. Please explaiin switching default contact info to Palm.
    In the contacts app, upper left corner drop down menu, select preferences and accounts, you can set whichever you choose as the default.
  9.    #9  
    Changed the settings in preferences and I still can't text.