1.    #1  
    ive looked all over and cant find anything on this.. but is there any way to get a wallpaper or background on my pre while its charging on the touchstone charger instead of it having a black background with the clock.. if someone could help me out with that, that would be great.. thanks in advance....
    Use the app 'clear card' and the patch 'no power off on touchstone'. that will get you what you want.
    And with WebOS 2.0, you'll be able to have apps in Exhibition mode, and perhaps someone will write an app that does exactly what you're asking.
  4.    #4  
    @JimmyK - the 'no power off on touchstone' patch doesn't come up.. only touchstone patch i find is the auto answer one....

@Vociferous - hopefully someone will.. when WebOS 2.0 finally comes out :/
    The patch is called "No Auto-Off While Charging"
    I'm thinking the easiest way would be if someone could write a patch that uses the regular lock screen while docked on the touchstone that would be awesome. If I remember correctly Clear Card costs money and the functionality is so basic. And the free version has a watermark doesn't it?
  7.    #7  
    @alexjack22 - ohh.. now i see.. haha.. thanks....

@anus1220 - yea i seen that.. then i tried out 'clearclock' similar to how clearcard is.. but i didnt really like the clocks position and any color i tried didnt show that well with my wallpaper so i took it off..
    Ummm Can't you do that with Mode Switcher? Very useful app.
    I think that even with mode switcher you will need the patch is called "No Auto-Off While Charging" to keep the screen alive. But mode switcher can run an app with the proper look that you want when on the touchstone- I use clock with the hidden analog black screen.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by munkycox View Post
    Ummm Can't you do that with Mode Switcher? Very useful app.
    yea, what ^he^ said
    Mode Switcher! I have 2 different touchstone settings just for screen settings for at work vs. at home at night.
  12.    #12  
    yea im brand new with mode switcher.. i dont really understand how to get it going or what to do.. ive followed examples and still nothing..

UPDATE - well i got one custom mode to work.. still a little confused but seems like an app i no ill be using frequently once i get it all down..
    Last edited by andies916; 09/16/2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Alright Guys!!! I thanked all of you for engaging in this thread because it inspired me to really take a second look at mode switcher. With the suggestion of using the clock when on the touchstone, I created a mode that triggers the "Slideshow" app. I now have a pseudo screen saver...cheers.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Quote Originally Posted by andies916 View Post
    yea im brand new with mode switcher.. i dont really understand how to get it going or what to do.. ive followed examples and still nothing..

UPDATE - well i got one custom mode to work.. still a little confused but seems like an app i no ill be using frequently once i get it all down..
    To be honest I haven't got as deep as some have into it. It's nice being able to export modes though, if you check the MS thread you will find lots of great ideas (it's a lot to read thru) and also their is the google group (haven't joined that yet). Like I said I am light into it, didn't start using it til we got the TS's a couple months back. First used it to turn off the screen at night for the house, then when I am at work, I want the screen on when on the TS so I can see my notifications since my phone stays on silent at work and the phone doesn't vibrate on the TS. Also setup a basic car mode that turns on BT and opens up Dr Podder since I listen to podcasts to and from work.

Could do a lot more than that with it, but I haven't found a good excuse to waste the free time.
    I guess I ned to take a closer look at mode switcher- the pseudo screensaver sounds like a good idea-
    Can someone please provide instructions for using setting up Mode Switcher to do the screensaver? Just started using it and don't know much yet, also not feeling patient enough to figure it out by trial and error. Thanks in advance.
    go to the mode switcher thread, then use the search in thread function on the forums to look at TS settings..... you either need to play with it or do some reading, because the app offers so many possibilities it is going to be up to your personal preference as to how you want it set.
    Mode Switcher Manual

This is the link to the dev's manual- shows some nice sample configs.....
  19.    #19  
    heres what i got my 'touchstone mode' set as..

mode type - Normal
    auto start / close - immediate

tap (triggers) and tapped on 'Add Trigger' and chose 'Charger Event Trigger'
    charger - touchstone
    orientation - Any
    delay - no delay

went back a page a tapped (Apps) then chose (Add App)
    selected the 'clearcard' app
    >>you can get clearcard in the app store<<

then went back and tapped on (Settings) and set my 'TURN OFF AFTER' to Never
    and made a custom version of my wallpaper with photoshop so its not so bright.. and set that as the wallpaper.. that pretty much sums up what i did on mine for now....

also in the clearcard app i set it to display the time and date..

heres a pic of what it looks like on my touchstone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by andies916; 09/18/2010 at 12:52 AM.