Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Hello all,

So my battery was pretty stable and drained at about 3% an hour under normal conditions. But now it drains at 11%, this started two days ago, and it drains at that speed even after restarting it.

I turned off WIFI and Data to see if it was some app that was online way too much, but that only brought down the drain to 9% an hour.

So whatever it is, its not online...

I have OCed my pre with the 104A Starfighter at 250Mhz- 1.1 Ghz (I have a weak pre and cant take 1.2GHz sadly). But I have had it before this problem started.

Bluetooth is never on.

Any Ideas? Please ask if you need more information for a proper diagnosis

Thank you!
    Could be just a bad battery.

You can download Battery Doctor from Preware to check it out.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Could be just a bad battery.

You can download Battery Doctor from Preware to check it out.
    Will do that, thank you!

But wouldnt a bad battery grow worse over time instead of jumping for 3% to 11% just one random day?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    run jstop and see what apps are running.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    1) OC kills the battery.
    2) Be sure IM chat didn't accidentally get turned on (I've seen that happen).
    I had it over clocked when i was getting 3.3% drain an hour as well. And I had IM (gtalk only) connected all the time when it was at the 3.3% drain. Also I cut off WiFi and Data and it was still draining at 9% so it couldnt be IM...

Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    run jstop and see what apps are running.
    That is a great idea!

I did take off the kernel though to see if maybe the kernel was the culprit.. Hopefully not haha, 1.1Ghz is slightly better than 1.005 lol
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm having similar problems on my Sprint Pre. I'm not running any overclocking mods and about a week ago it just started draining like crazy. I go through 2 or more FULL recharges per day now where I used to get through an entire day on an one charge. It just got really bad all of a sudden. Could the latest update be to blame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Will do that, thank you!

But wouldnt a bad battery grow worse over time instead of jumping for 3% to 11% just one random day?
    Nope. I had a bad battery that was fine one day, then the next it would drain super fast.

I replaced the battery with a 1400 mAh battery and it's been amazing. Battery life is better than before.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkye View Post
    I'm having similar problems on my Sprint Pre. I'm not running any overclocking mods and about a week ago it just started draining like crazy. I go through 2 or more FULL recharges per day now where I used to get through an entire day on an one charge. It just got really bad all of a sudden. Could the latest update be to blame?
    depends what's changed since the time you had good battery life. Undo the changes one by one until you find the cause.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    No changes! In fact, I re-doctored my pre a few days ago and it still seems to be draining like a mofo. Pulled it off the charger at 830a today. Made a few short phone calls, a few text messages and read a few emails. used it for about 30 min for Pandora at the gym. It's 12:30p and I'm down to 42%. Something is wrong!?!? Anyone else having these problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Nope. I had a bad battery that was fine one day, then the next it would drain super fast.

I replaced the battery with a 1400 mAh battery and it's been amazing. Battery life is better than before.
    +1 - I simply replaced my battery "in kind" and all was well.
    On my Sprint Pre, Dr. Battery said my stock battery is 65% capacity. My battery would drain really quickly, and then when it was between 20-30%, the battery would suddenly drop to 0%!!! I just bought two batteries online. One was from Amazon brand new and cost 8$ ($5 plus $3 for shipping). The other was from EBay for ~$4 with free shipping, but I think it's refurbished.

I've had my stock battery for 15 months and it is just lost it's charge life. Now I will have two batteries that are new and relatively new and now I can be out without access to a charger and not have to worry about my Pre dying with my spare battery on hand. Pea Soup.

BTW, I learned of the EBay battery from the Accessories forum here at Precentral. Always check on this site first before buying anything for your Pre. Chances are you will save lots of cake.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    can someone tell me how to find Dr. Battery or "the battery doctor"? I just scrolled through preware and could not find it.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had the exact same thing happen about 2 weeks ago. I tried to track down the problem manually by checking everything I could think of. Finally I gave up and just doctored my Pre. I even logged into my blank Palm profile just so everything was factory. Same battery drain.

What I did notice was that this drain was only at my house. I get between 1 and 3 bars of service at my house. When I go to work I have 3 to 5 bars. I don't get the 11% battery drain at work. I can't help but wonder if Sprint has changed something on their end with the towers.

-Readonly
    Sprint has been hammering away at the 4g network all over the place... Im not sure why, but for some reason a lot of devices are trying to switch towers and bands a lot more than usual, probably due to network tests. If it is constantly changing bands, it will drain the battery faster... especially if they down a couple towers, your phone is set up to walk through the fires of hell itself to stay on sprint service at 1 bar rather than switch to a roaming tower.
    I've noticed much worse battery drain as well. I kinda figured that it might be a network thing (because of 4G and network changes) but my phone still has a high drain with internet connection off. My battery has a 92% health according to Doctor Battery, so I don't understand why I still have a 1% drain every 15 or so mins with 3G turned off.
    I had the same problem a couple days ago. I realized that, when I updated to the latest version of Govnah, it reset my cpu to the stock kernel. I had to open up Govnah and reset to Screenstate1000, and all was well again.

That also fixed my "damn this thing has been slow lately" problems.... :-p
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have had this happen to both my pre and my wife's. What has worked every was to run it completely dead until it will not turn on and then give it a full charge. With mine I have to do this every 2 or 3 months.

I have tried everything including dr'ing my phone and nothing helped.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Add me to the list. It seems to have started with the update. I bought an extended battery, installed it yesterday and same thing! The battery was dead before the day was out when it used to last all day.
    had this problem after my sister-in-law allowed her Pre with my battery be used as a puppy chew toy. I've since replaced with a battery from an old Centro and am LOVING IT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast