1.    #1  
    I recently enabled the secure unlock pin on the phone that you have to key in before you can use it. The touchscreen is very unresponsive on this screen and seems to never grab all my inputs. So then I have to key it in again and again or key in very slow to make sure every digit gets entered. Will "plussing" (by swapping the radio into a verizon palm pre plus) my sprint palm pre make this screen more responsive with the more memory? Is my touchscreen maybe malfunctioning and not up to original standards (in which case the palm pre plus touchscreen might function better?)

Alternatively do you know if overclocking will help? I have not yet installed preware and was wondering if it's better to "plus" it first, then install or does it not make a difference.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    My company invoked that for email and I hate it. I'm having a similar problem with lag and responsiveness. I think it just takes a few seconds to wake up. I wish I could disable it. I guess I'll have to quit my job!
    I also have the scure lock pin for my screen. It's also very laggy and I have the same issues as the OP is having. Hopefully palm will fix it
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    same issue as well. I just chalked it up as owning an awesome first gen device. However, I have overclocked my phone (now running F105 thunderchief) and noticed a huge reduction. I haven't tried UK 1G yet, but initially tried it back when it was only 800mhz, and the lag dropped considerably as well

Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    My company invoked that for email and I hate it. I'm having a similar problem with lag and responsiveness. I think it just takes a few seconds to wake up. I wish I could disable it. I guess I'll have to quit my job!
    there is a patch in preware to disable requiring you to use a pin to access your phone. Haven't tried it though, but that's cause I like the piece of mind of having a secure device.