Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Ive done this or am actively looking for a donor Pre+

31 37.80%
  • No! I would never void the warranty by doing this to my beloved Pre

6 7.32%
  • Maybe! Im not comfortable doing this myself but would otherwise

20 24.39%
  • This is a complete waste of time and money, There will be new hardware soon enough for me.

28 34.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Im pretty certain its an issue w/ the tokens. I could be wrong but Im not! lol

Worked fine for me. hope you get it figured out.

BTW, tell me hoy many characters you have in these 2 variables,

BATToRSP should be 40
    BATToCH should be 16
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Nah, I am not slicing my pre open I am fine with the performance. More RAM = me opening more cards = worse battery life. I am fine with my 5 app cut off
  3.    #43  
    If you played w/ mine you'd change your mind

512mb ram = 100.00, 1.2ghz processor speed = free, Sprint Pre+ = PPRICELESS.

The new hardware will have to be something totally new and revolutionary or I will be keeping my Sprint Pre+.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    If you played w/ mine you'd change your mind

512mb ram = 100.00, 1.2ghz processor speed = free, Sprint Pre+ = PPRICELESS.

The new hardware will have to be something totally new and revolutionary or I will be keeping my Sprint Pre+.
    I have an ATT pre+ I have hacked around to play with. No dice. Battery life s the number 1 feature for me. I am fine with 500MHz and 256mb RAM.
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I'd really like to make the switch, but I can't justify paying $100 to take the chance. If the prices come down on Ebay I might think about it.
    My BATToRSP only has 38! I will check the values against my original device. Thanks! I checked my original device and 2 digits had been bumped off the edge of the screen when I was copying down the values. I will meta-doctor everything. Thanks again! I was afraid I damaged my hardware!
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by spirex04 View Post
    My BATToRSP only has 38! I will check the values against my original device. Thanks! I checked my original device and 2 digits had been bumped off the edge of the screen when I was copying down the values. I will meta-doctor everything. Thanks again! I was afraid I damaged my hardware!
    NP! glad to help

Good luck.

Follow the link below.

2sslow- How long did this take you to accomplish?

In your estimation should this Pre+ work just fine for the purposes of upgrading my Sprint Pre:

eBay - Verizon Pre
  9.    #49  
    Yes as long as it powers on and the screen is good you are good to go. It does not have to be a clean esn as the esn is tied to your Pre- com board.

And Im very mechanical so I had both Pres completed and reassembled in 15 mins. I might take a little longer for you but be careful and take your time and watch the vids first. you should be fine.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes as long as it powers on and the screen is good you are good to go. It does not have to be a clean esn as the esn is tied to your Pre- com board.

And Im very mechanical so I had both Pres completed and reassembled in 15 mins. I might take a little longer for you but be careful and take your time and watch the vids first. you should be fine.
    Thanks for the suggestions....based on your enthusiastic endorsement I gotta try this out!!!

If anything will tide me over until the next webOS device is released I figure this is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    If anything will tide me over until the next webOS device is released I figure this is it.
    Haha, that's how I feel.
    I was close to switching to HTC or Samsung.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I had a pre but then I sold it for the evo. I didnt like android so I decided to go back to the pre. Seeing that Sprint pre's have so-so build quality, I figured I would try this hack out. I have 2 pre's coming to me from ebay and they should be here sometime next week. I really hope this hack is not hard.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123