Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. AbdielRN's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have had my Palm Pixi since March, however, my line is due to upgrade now, I enjoy my Pixi but really want a larger screen and faster processor, do you guys think its wise to use my renewal on Sprint on the Palm Pre or wait for something new from HP & Palm? I can renew yearly however I would hate to get the Pre and in October they announce a new phone and then have to wait till next September.

    To wait or not to wait :\
  2. #2  
    Don't use your upgrade. Save that for whatever palm releases in the future. You can find a palm pre for pretty close to the upgrade price on ebay. I suggest that route.
  3. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Don't use your upgrade. Save that for whatever palm releases in the future. You can find a palm pre for pretty close to the upgrade price on ebay. I suggest that route.
    Same here. I found a new condition Pre with TS back & 2 TS chargers for close the the upgrade price. I'd wait.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    Don't use your upgrade. Save that for whatever palm releases in the future. You can find a palm pre for pretty close to the upgrade price on ebay. I suggest that route.
    I totally agree.
  5. #5  
    It's up to you and your financial situation.... Also think if in 3-4 months (or possibly more) you are going to have/want to have the new phone at launch. Seeing as how you didn't jump on the Pre at launch, also with it sounding like HP/Palm will be releasing a few form factors over the next 12 months. Depending on what the first form factor is, you may want to wait and see what else is announced. Then there is always the fact that we have no guarantee if Sprint will be the first carrier to launch, or how HP will be playing it's hand since it is not in the financial situation Palm was at when launching the Pre and Pixi.

    There are A LOT of options to take into account, and they all come down to your personal situation.
  6. AbdielRN's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #6  
    Thanks for the replies! I guess Ill fight the urge and wait it was just tempint for the bigger screen!
  7. AbdielRN's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #7  
    Thats a very good pointe too Oldschool appreciate it
  8. #8  
    I had a similar dilemma, and I chose to go ahead and get a new Pre with my upgrade since it was free from HP.com.

    I'm not regretting it at all, but that's just me. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  9. AbdielRN's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #9  
    lol nice spader! do you feel it meets your needs alot more than the Pixi? Enough to hold of the next WebOS device a few more months? Its hard to beat free.. esp at the cost of 199 plus an extra 10 for 4G if it came with it..
  10. #10  
    I didn't have the Pixi, I had a Pre from just after launch day and just wanted a shiny new one.

    With the news that new hardware is NOT imminent I figured I could get a free Pre right now, get rid of all the cracks and scratches, and that gives me 12 months to save some cash for the $300-$350 it's sure to cost for whatever new hardware does come out.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  11. AbdielRN's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
       #11  
    Very good pointe, at the moment price is definately an issue and the Pre at this pointe is very affortable compared to any other smartphone out there, the commitment is what scares me hahaha

Posting Permissions