Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    So I have recently received my referbished unit from Asurion (Sprint's Insurance) I now have all of my preferred patches installed, including Virtual Keyboard. I have not found a pattern yet, but sometimes while typing the "B" button won't work. Sometimes it's the "C" button, other times the "M". When the buttons aren't working, I can type the letter using Virtual keyboard, but the button just won't work no matter how many times I push it. Then later without restarting it will just work again.
    Did i just get a defective unit? Is this a know problem with certain Patches? What should I do?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Regards,
    Typo Aaron
    longshot but open the back of your phone and lightly press down on the right side of the comm board. That's where the pre's keyboard connects and possibly where your problem is if for whatever rason the cable is loose.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    dz1262 i did as you advised and so far all letters are working. But like i said before it is intermitant. If that is infact the problem and it comes loose again I guess it’s safe to say I should request another replacement. The insurance replacement phone has a one year warrenty against defect.
    Love my Pre, not so happy with the referbished equipment. I went a whole year without dropping my first one too.
    Thanks for the tip!
    I thought the insurance replacement was 90 days.... just what I remember reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabol74 View Post
    So I have recently received my referbished unit from Asurion (Sprint's Insurance) I now have all of my preferred patches installed, including Virtual Keyboard. I have not found a pattern yet, but sometimes while typing the "B" button won't work. Sometimes it's the "C" button, other times the "M". When the buttons aren't working, I can type the letter using Virtual keyboard, but the button just won't work no matter how many times I push it. Then later without restarting it will just work again.
    Did i just get a defective unit? Is this a know problem with certain Patches? What should I do?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Regards,
    Typo Aaron
    If that procedure don't work~you should consider getting another replacement. The phone wasn't free... Right? Then you deserve a good working phone.

good luck. ~
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    They told me over the phone it is 1 yr. Either way it has only been a couple weeks.
    Help!Certain buttons on keyboard are not working intermitantly. (Quoting the topic)

If it's not working intermittently, then that means it's working continually with no problems! I'm just playin. I haven't had that problem yet, but my keyboard sticks up a little bit on the right side preventing the touchscreen half from sliding open smoothly.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    I actually prefer mine when they're not working intermittently (just playing as well)
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 06:51 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers