Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Return it and buy one off ebay for under $100, that way you can retain your upgrade if you decide you want to upgrade to something like the iPhone 4 or whatever and get the subsidized price.

Or use the marketplace here to find one from a board member.

Pre's are going too cheap now to buy into a contract with a carrier.

Under 100 for a good condition ATT Pre that can be used?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Under 100 for a good condition ATT Pre that can be used?
    Yes.
  3.    #23  
    Return it and buy one off ebay for under $100, that way you can retain your upgrade if you decide you want to upgrade to something like the iPhone 4 or whatever and get the subsidized price.

Or use the marketplace here to find one from a board member.

Pre's are going too cheap now to buy into a contract with a carrier.
    Thanks, I will do that! back to the AT&T store it goes tomorrow!
    Guys no one here addressed his on screen keyboard question.

The answer: Virtual Keyboard (its found in Preware. You must have Preware installed & there you will find all the answers to ur problems).

welcome to Pre World.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyleagueschmuck View Post
    Alas, cannot use Wifi Media Sync as I have a MacBook.
    Well thats Apple for you...but I am sure someone has a workaround for ya.
    Would look, but at work at the moment.

That is one reason I don't own any Apple products...you go buy something you really like that is not branded by Apple...and voila! IT'S NOT SUPPORTED. Surprised they haven't got sued over stuff like that. Never could get anything to work on Mac computers at school either so I swore Apple off a long time ago.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Let us know when your replacement comes in!
    Yes.
    Please provide us all a link...

@ OP, I would look into this before taking his word on it... I just checked eBay, found a "2 day old ATT Pre Plus for Parts" Bid is currently at $81.00 plus $10 shipping with 1 day 4 hours left to go.

Listed as Brand New, there is currently one w/ 1 bid @ 150 w/ 10 shipping .... still 2 days 6 hours on that one.

Here is the cheapest one, currently that I am seeing.... based on the price of the "for parts" one, I am guessing this one will go up before it closes.
    Palm Pre Plus (AT&T) - eBay (item 260665194566 end time Sep-18-10 17:50:23 PDT)

For further reference as recent as 2 months ago, the cheapest VZW bad ESN phones that guys were picking up to convert to Sprint Pre Pluses were going @ the cheapest for around 50-60 and that was off craigslist.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    That is one reason I don't own any Apple products...you go buy something you really like that is not branded by Apple...and voila! IT'S NOT SUPPORTED. Surprised they haven't got sued over stuff like that.
    I agree, but not so fast...this was in the Wall St Journal dated 9/10/10.

The Daily Start-Up: Apple’s App About-Face - Venture Capital Dispatch - WSJ

Here is the 1st couple paragraphs that deal W/Apple.

By Russell Garland

This morning’s roundup of the latest venture capital news and analysis across the Web:

Art by Mike Lucas
    Software developers will have an easier time creating applications for iPhones, iPods and iPads as Apple Inc., facing antitrust and competitive heat, loosens restrictions that had blocked the use of Adobe and Google programming technology. Here’s a link to The Wall Street Journal’s story on the about-face as well as a sidebar on App Store guidelines intended to guard against frivolous and offensive software. “If your app doesn’t do something useful or provide some form of lasting entertainment, it may not be accepted,” Apple advises. Adobe was quick to hail Apple’s move. And TechCrunch speculates that Google Voice could return to the iPhone.
    In the first post, you wrote:

"The notifications. They are the best. Apple's by contrast, are the worst. I am shocked that Apple did not address these in iOS 4. I can only hope that the Palm defector guy fixes these fast. And the LED light is a fantastic touch."

Now, you say you have been using a Pre Plus for a week, yes?! But my understanding is that the Pre Plus does not have a LED notification light (I have a regular Pre, not the Plus).

Are you just messin' with us about all this Pre vs. iPhone stuff?! Or am I missing something here?!

Sorry to be the suspicious type, but it just didn't add up; but, like I said, I'm probably missing something. Sorry ahead of time if I am.

Not that big of a deal, "but I'm just sayin'"...................
    ^the Pre+ does have LED lights without the center button.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    My bad, then.
    Yeah, be careful wiht eBay, those phones start out low in auction to attract attention ($50 starting bids) but within the last 3 minutes of the auction they have been known to double and triple in price.

I have personally seen one start at $40 shipped, at the end it was $130. Most of the Buy It Now's are also around the $120 range, cheapest I've seen was a $99 plus some shipping but that was a Sprint phone.
    ok Guy, someone has posted a solution to every problem that you had with switching to a pre+. So what's it gonna be? You joining the pre family or are you gonna stick with the rotten Apple?
  14.    #34  
    Just got my Pre Plus off eBay today! Sitting on my desk charging on its awesome touchstone Of course I've still gotta carry around the iPhone to hold all my music...and the Galaxy S just to stare at its screen...drooool
    Congratulations! welcome to the community!!
    PS I would set up MediaMonkey on your comp and that will transfer all your music so you can keep it all on your Pre and keep your pockets lighter!
  16.    #36  
    MediaMonkey is a no-go, I have a Mac. I'm guessing my choices are DoubleTwist and Songbird?
    The Developer is the Customer - Richard Kerris

John Kneeland | Community & Developer Relations | Palm GBU | Hewlett-Packard Company

Feel free to reach out to me! john.kneeland (at) palm
    Touchstone Charger, Car Charger and Case all for the very low price of $14.98
    Seriously.

ww.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=selectPhone&path=bundles&phoneId=5129

Please add a w to the beginning of the address. This is only my 9th post and I need 10 to post links.

Curtis
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12