1.    #1  
    My Sprint Pre, patched with device menu megamix is stuck in "phone offline" mode when I used the patch to toggle the phone radio off. Now it will not toggle back on and when I check device, the number box is empty - no phone number is associated with the phone. Please help!

Javier in Puerto Rico
    Try rebooting your phone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Thanks vza33. I have rebooted the phone several times. It helped 2x but for very short periods and then lapsed back into the "phone offline" mode. Very frustrating.
    after reboot go in phone app and update network and update prl. You get there by drop down menu in top left of phone app.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    after reboot go in phone app and update network and update prl. You get there by drop down menu in top left of phone app.
    Thanks zmann. After reboot the I hit the preferences option in drop down menu and it says "you need a network connection to your service provider to see phone preferences."

I ran quick test in the device info program and it said that I have a modem error code 1000 but wireless wifi amd all other functions are working fine.

-Javier
    try uninstalling the patch to see I it fixes that error. Maybe the patch had an error during the install or is conflicting with another patch.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I fixed this once on my phone by holding down the power button until the prompt came up to shut down or toggle airplane mode. I selected the airplane mode and then did it again to clear airplane mode.

Worked for me, but your results may vary.

-Readonly
    Last edited by Readonly; 09/15/2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, but I have already uninstalled and had no luck. I tried another patch version, no luck. I reinstalled the original patched which I have used for several months and nada.

As for airplane mode: I can apply it after a reboot but it won't turn-off unless I reboot again.

-Javier
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Occupied View Post
    Thanks, but I have already uninstalled and had no luck. I tried another patch version, no luck. I reinstalled the original patched which I have used for several months and nada.

As for airplane mode: I can apply it after a reboot but it won't turn-off unless I reboot again.

-Javier
    Try pulling out the battery rather than just re-starting. Although I don't have that patch installed, I too randomly had my phone go offline the other evening (first time that ever happened to me). Restarting didn't work, but pulling the battery did.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Try pulling out the battery rather than just re-starting. Although I don't have that patch installed, I too randomly had my phone go offline the other evening (first time that ever happened to me). Restarting didn't work, but pulling the battery did.
    I agree with this. I've actually found that the pre has a glitch that unless it loses it's power source even when you shut It down it never fully turns off. I once turned it off with 80% power and awoke to a dead battery. Pull the battery to truly cycle the phone.
    Javier this might help you as this is what i did to resolve my issue

ModemFW Flash - WebOS Internals
    MatterOfFactJack