Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else encountering this?
  2. ecoleye's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #2  
    Isn't that the idea when it's a "fixed speed?"
  3. Koldfate's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #3  
    if it's set to fixed speed, its not going to change.

    Try a screenstate profile if you want it to drop down to 500mhz.
  4. #4  
    It used to switch to 500 when charging, but the newer uberkernel doesn't switch unless temp reaches a high level. Sorry, IDK the exact temp when this happens. If you r3ead the U-K documentation, it's in there...
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    It used to switch to 500 when charging, but the newer uberkernel doesn't switch unless temp reaches a high level. Sorry, IDK the exact temp when this happens. If you r3ead the U-K documentation, it's in there...
    It will scale to 500MHz when charging on a TS too. (not sure if that is done using a specific governor or not)

    Also, if using a screenstate governor, if your screen brightness is below 5, it won't change speeds when the screen is turned on or off.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  6. #6  
    Downclocking to 500MHz while charging is only enabled for the screenstate governor.

    For the performance governor (used by the Fixed Speed profiles), only the temperature based downlocking is enabled.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Downclocking to 500MHz while charging is only enabled for the screenstate governor.

    For the performance governor (used by the Fixed Speed profiles), only the temperature based downlocking is enabled.

    -- Rod
    Rod,

    Thanks for the clarification.

    Is the downclocking to 500MHz for the screenstate governor only for when on a touchstone? Or for all charging methods?

    Seems I've only seen it do that for when on a touchstone. The only other methods I use for charging is from a computer's usb port and looking at it right now, it is standing at 1GHz while charging.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Rod,

    Thanks for the clarification.

    Is the downclocking to 500MHz for the screenstate governor only for when on a touchstone? Or for all charging methods?

    Seems I've only seen it do that for when on a touchstone. The only other methods I use for charging is from a computer's usb port and looking at it right now, it is standing at 1GHz while charging.
    I believe it comes into play when charging at > 500mA (e.g. touchstone and wall charger). Charging at 500mA from a computer usb port does not heat up the device too much.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions