Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    How do I show in contacts ONLY the Palm profile? I've sync'd my gmail profile and now I have hundreds of emails showing up amongst my contacts, it would be best to show only Palm profile with just phone numbers...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Please join the movement (well, really, not much of a movement, seems its just little ole me, mostly!).

I have been asking for a patch for a very long time that allows segregation and thus display of contacts by source. No matter if the source is Palm profile, various google accounts, facebook, etc.

We can readily segregate and display calendars by those very same sources, or show them all at once. Why can't we do this with contacts?

See the link in my signature, show it some love!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    How do I show in contacts ONLY the Palm profile? I've sync'd my gmail profile and now I have hundreds of emails showing up amongst my contacts, it would be best to show only Palm profile with just phone numbers...
    Not sure exactly what you're asking, but you can keep the Gmail account in email, and simply remove the Gmail contact from your contact lists. Wouldn't that achieve what you're looking for?
  4.    #4  
    not really, I've got 800+ gmail contacts, seems a waste of time to delete them one by one don't you think?

jdod I joined the club on your link signature
    not really, I've got 800+ gmail contacts, seems a waste of time to delete them one by one don't you think?

jdod I joined the club on your link signature
    I think what hparsons is saying is that you can go into Contacts, go to Preferences and Accounts, and delete any contact list you want. Don't want gmail contacts listed? Simply delete the gmail account from your contacts. It shouldn't affect your email app at all.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    This seems kind of contrary to the whole idea of Synergy. If you don't want all the Google contacts to show up, just remove the Google account from your Contacts app. Otherwise, just use search to find a contact.
    The whole idea behind how synergy works is part of the reason you can't really filter out your contacts.

As contacts are linked together you will have a "master contact" that may be linked to gmail, palm profile, facebook, linkedin etc. so to filter out contacts that are "palm profile" contacts will also give you some contacts that may live in another source.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I would love to be able to have with in the contacts app sep lists for yahoo gmail and my palm profile I like the idea behind syng. but i also like to be able to have my contacts in sep lists
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The whole idea behind how synergy works is part of the reason you can't really filter out your contacts.

As contacts are linked together you will have a "master contact" that may be linked to gmail, palm profile, facebook, linkedin etc. so to filter out contacts that are "palm profile" contacts will also give you some contacts that may live in another source.
    Which simply means we need control over which category of Google Contacts are synced, just like we need Gmail filter support.

In the meantime OP, if you don't want to remove the Google Contacts account completely, you can begin the tedious task of paring down your My Contacts list in Gmail.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post

With all due respect, why isn't this an issue with the Calendar app? The calendar has a title bar at the top with a button on the right that says ALL - if you tap on it you can select any of the individual calendars to display, or select "All calendars".

Seems like the same option for the Contacts app ought to be possible....
    Last edited by jjeffcoat; 09/15/2010 at 10:31 AM.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    With all due respect, why isn't this an issue with the Calendar app? The calendar has a title bar at the top with a button on the right with a button that says ALL - if you tap on it you can select any of the individual calendars to display, or select "All calendars".

Seems like the same option for the Contacts app ought to be possible....
    Calendar doesn't "link" events together. An event in Google is always an event in Google and will not appear under your palm profile.

If I link a google contact to a palm profile contact there is now a master contact that houses two individual contacts from different sources.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Don't want gmail contacts listed? Simply delete the gmail account from your contacts. It shouldn't affect your email app at all.
    It shouldn't or it won't?
    It shouldn't or it won't?
    it won't
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

14.    #14  
    It is VERY annoying when people advise you to do something, you're not sure so ask confirmation, they are dead certain...... yet, the email app IS AFFECTED! Try and compose a new email, type the first characters of the recipient contact, nothing will show!
    It is VERY annoying when people advise you to do something, you're not sure so ask confirmation, they are dead certain...... yet, the email app IS AFFECTED! Try and compose a new email, type the first characters of the recipient contact, nothing will show!
    Well, your Palm Profile contacts should show...if they have email addresses in them...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Well, your Palm Profile contacts should show...if they have email addresses in them...
    What you're saying has no bearing whatosever with my citation
    What you're saying has no bearing whatosever with my citation
    With your situation, you mean?

It's kind of simple. You removed your Google Contacts. So your Palm Profile contacts should be the only ones in your Contacts app. So if any of those have email addresses associated with them, then when you search for them in the email app, they'll pop up. If they don't, they won't show up. If they're not showing up (even though they have emails associated with them), it's a bug.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  18.    #18  
    My PALM PROFILE has mainly, if not only, TELEPHONE NUMBERS.

My GMAIL ACCOUNT of course has only emails.

When started the thread I asked if I could have only my PALM PROFILE to show up and not the hundreds and hundreds of gmai contacts.

So instead of thanking users who give bad advice just read what jdod said (second post, after mine).
    If you simply want to see all your contacts phone numbers, go to the Phone ap. At the top, you'll see the contacts icon. Press it. There, all the phone numbers you have will show, in alphabetically contact order. Contacts without phone numbers won't show.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    So add your google account back to Contacts, what you are trying to do is not possible.

If you want your email account to remember you Google contacts without them being in Google contacts you need to add them to your Palm profile, then they won't be in Google contacts, but your Google email account will still be able to pull that data down.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast