Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I would like to see an iden ptt for sprint nextel. one that can stick together.
    Or i would like to see a guide into turning a palm pre from cdma or gsm to iden .
    iden ptt is awesome. Iden phone, text and data sucks.... Plus I believe the chips are much bigger as evident by the larger size of most nextels. Though I believe it's not as much an issue anymore. What we need is a different way to use ptt (not 3g) that will work good with sprints network. Maybe when 4g comes out? I miss my beep beep, but don't miss texts coming in days later or lots of dropped calls. Iden also has crapy data. Maybe a 4.3 nch device with iden + cdma? (large screen means more space for chips)
    Some like it, some don't. I actually have to carry an extra Nextel phone just to keep in constant contact with other contractors on my job sites.
    Sprint Nextel Motorola i1 Android Smartphone Information Center @ Smartphone Edition is what we were supplied. I believe we're going to switch over to Boost & their Blackberry's to conserve on monthly cost.
    uhh. the boost blackberry works on sprint's CDMA towers and doesn't have ptt. just saying.
    PTT DirectConnect is totally possible without any additional hardware. Sprint just needs to allow it and the software developed. There are a few non-motrola phones out on Sprint that use CDMA cell and interoperate on iDen DC. They use iDen over rev.A evdo using a technilogy called Qchat. That's the same way verizon does ptt but Sprint Qchat can handshake with iDen as well. Why they don't pimp this feature....I don't know.