Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I need to resync my contacts after doctoring to 1.4.1.1 then updating to 1.4.5.

I can't remove the account though, just the little spinner moves but nothing removes
    How many friends do you have? It will take a while with a lot of friends.
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 07:05 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    200ish... I've removed them before. This isn't working now.

Now, nothing happens when I tap remove account
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Also do make sure that you "REMOVE ACCOUNT" from Pictures and Calender. This should help as well
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanzen71 View Post
    Also do make sure that you "REMOVE ACCOUNT" from Pictures and Calender. This should help as well
    This did it, thanks.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Actually.... No.

Help?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

As you can see, my contacts are messed up. I can't unlink the profiles. What can I do?
    What exactly are you trying to do? Delete your facebook account off your phone? If so, Contacts > Preferences & accounts > delete Facebook account.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do? Delete your facebook account off your phone? If so, Contacts > Preferences & accounts > delete Facebook account.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I need to resync my contacts after doctoring to 1.4.1.1 then updating to 1.4.5.

I can't remove the account though, just the little spinner moves but nothing removes
    To unlink the contacts, make sure you've also selected something other than your FB account as your default profile account.

Then, since it's hanging on the removal, I'd suggest trying a full device restart, before you try again.

I have over 200 FB contacts and didn't realize when I first got my Pre, that it would automatically pull them all in. However, it only took seconds to remove the FB account.

Once it did, I made sure Gmail was my default account, then hit resync and it cleared them all out of my contacts and fixed the screwy linked ones.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Also, to work with your contacts and unlink any improperly linked profiles, you have to hit that little edit button at the bottom of each contact, them you get the unlink option.
    Once your palm profile is set as your default account, all accounts that is on your profile should automatically re-sync back on your phone. If you wanna add an account to be sync to your profile, then go to contacts > preferences & accounts then tap on add account.Then press sync now.
    Ps. In preware there is a sync now patch that you can download.

cheers.~
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Oh, man.. Something went wrong while doctoring, upgrading or restoring the backup of my phone.

Along with the contacts mess, I can't see any email (4 accounts) and I can't sent text messages because of the contacts issue.

What can I do? Doctor again? Wait for the 1.4.5 doctor?
    Have you considered trying the WebOS Repair Utility? It may help if files were corrupted.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Have you considered trying the WebOS Repair Utility? It may help if files were corrupted.
    1.4.5 isn't supported yet
    1.4.5 isn't supported yet
    Correction, its been available. Here you go: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions. Find the version available for your phone. I don't know how you manage to mess up, but hopefully this might fix most, if not some of your issues.
    Note: If your emails doesn't sync back after doctoring.. You just have to add them back manually. Messages and IM also. Contacts can always be retrieve back by contacting palm. You need to get this patch called send contacts via email from preware. This way your contacts will always be safe.
    best of luck.~
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/14/2010 at 09:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Guess I will start from the begining

I updated to 1.4.5 with a patch or two that needed to be removed. Of course, updating the patches didn't work, and the EPR/EFV method didn't fix the issue.

I had a backup using the Pre Backup Utility, but also copied everything from the media drive. I doctored to 1.4.1.1, logged back into all my accounts, then updated to 1.4.5.

I put Preware back on then I copied everything back onto the media drive, then used the utility to restore all my phone calls and texts. I manually had to add all my patches back.

Now, all this....
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    BTW, where is the Preware saved package list saved?
    BTW, where is the Preware saved package list saved?
    I guess in preware.. :-D
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    The specific file..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast