1.    #1  
    last night I went to a concert, gf wanted to go, jason mraz, anyways in the audience everyone was on their cells before the show...
    iphones to the left, iphones to the right, iphones in front and behind.
    gf on a pixi, me on the pre. Guy next to me overhears me telling my gf about how viruses are attacking android, so no p.o.r.n. and laughing joking about it. He looks at my pre and asks how I like my droid? Lol I tell him no this is a Palm Pre. He's like oh wow I used to have a palm, then I got the iphone. I was switching between the forum here, had people finder open, bad kitty, camera, emails coming in, texts, setting my dvr on directv, and jumping back and forth to jewels to make a few moves
    he was flabber gasted lol his gf/whatever was amazed, people in front turned around to check out the commotion and their teenage kids were like yeah but we got games like this and showed freaking 'brothers in arms' and 'angry birds'
    now I wasn't playin up the webOS experience, barely even speaking. Just looked up @ the kid and go yeah I got those one here too, show em both apps and 'brothers in arms 2'
    so I'm sitting there ACTUALLY multitasking and they were blown away. It wasn't a 'yeah I'm bad' moment, more like a 'next time have a mechanic look at the car before you spend that much money' kinda thing.
    I will say I was running 1ghz overclock with jstop, either way, they really liked the notifications, especially the fact that I could answer the texts without killing the games.
    my gf was sitting there and goes 'ok, now actually seeing what you were trying to explain about webOS, I get it, even though I have one now I get it'
    sometimes a simple 'i get it' from the woman I love is as good as 'your right' even if I'm yet to hear that, lol.

then to add insult to injury, and more or less to screw with the smartass snot, I hit the hotspot and kept changing the I'd and kicking the kid off in front of me... My gf sees what I'm doin, tells me to stop... I keep kicking him off, and everyone else... He goes 'open wifi connection' and everyone around grabs there phones out again like soldiers in unisend and I quickly hit the wpa2 security and change the name to 'no iphones allowed, Palm Rules' they all kinda look around I put my head down and the guy next to gives a little laugh and goes 'ok that was <bad>, ......funny, but <bad> lol
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/14/2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: language
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I love it when the iphonies really SEE that webOS rocks!!!
    Last edited by licotto; 09/14/2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: didn't realize that '*******' was a swear word...
    I call my hotspot 'palm pre, pretty cool, eh?'

but I like the 'no iphones allowed, so I think I will change it.

excellent OP!
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    then to add insult to injury, and more or less to screw with the smartass snot, i hit the hotspot and kept changing the i'd and kicking the kid off in front of me... My gf sees what i'm doin, tells me to stop... I keep kicking him off, and everyone else... He goes 'open wifi connection' and everyone around grabs there phones out again like soldiers in unisend and i quickly hit the wpa2 security and change the name to 'no iphones allowed, palm rules' they all kinda look around i put my head down and the guy next to gives a little laugh and goes 'ok that was <bad>, ......funny, but <bad> lol
    lmao....:d
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I call my hotspot 'palm pre, pretty cool, eh?'

but I like the 'no iphones allowed, so I think I will change it.

excellent OP!
    I call my hotspot PreFi
    awesome.

off topic (slightly), but what's with the iphone people being so dependent on wifi? They think they can't function without it, yet ATT has the fastest theoretical 3G speeds available. it doesn't matter where you have a hotspot - a bunch of iphonies will try to connect to it.
  7.    #7  
    ...much like verizon says 'we have a map for that' .... Edge coverage is great, 3g not so much around here. Needless to say it was pretty funny, what made it the best was having iphone users (sitting next to me) see basically from the outside of the herd... It was funny.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsyeltzin View Post
    awesome.

off topic (slightly), but what's with the iphone people being so dependent on wifi? They think they can't function without it, yet ATT has the fastest theoretical 3G speeds available. it doesn't matter where you have a hotspot - a bunch of iphonies will try to connect to it.
    There are a few things that only work over wifi, the biggest one that I can think of at the moment being the video chat.
    That is actually one of the best stories and ways to get converts. Just show it without boasting and bragging. It goes a long way of getting past their defenses. Now, if I could only get my wife to have that kind of moment...
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    last night I went to a concert, gf wanted to go, jason mraz, anyways in the audience everyone was on their cells before the show...
    It's ok to admit that you wanted to go to the concert..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    It's ok to admit that you wanted to go to the concert..
    Now we know he is sensitive.

Great story btw.
    Dan
    cool story bro.
    Thanks, awesome story. One of these days I need to spend some time trying to get the hotspot working on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thanks, awesome story. One of these days I need to spend some time trying to get the hotspot working on mine.
    Hotspot... what's that??? Oh yeah it's just another one of those features like a Nav app, Pandora or the Amazon MP3 app that us UK users DON'T have!!! Bloody 02
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Hotspot... what's that??? Oh yeah it's just another one of those features like a Nav app, Pandora or the Amazon MP3 app that us UK users DON'T have!!! Bloody 02
    You can install it. Not hard at all. It's not available for Sprint either but I have been using it forever.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    LOVED that post!