Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm sure this is discussed somewhere else, but I was wondering if the hotspot for the verizon pre is free? I know back in April it was, but I just had a friend of mine purchase a pre on verizon (I'm on Sprint) and they told him in the store that the hotspot wasn't free and he would get charged a data package for getting the hotspot. What's the deal with this. Is it free or not? I'm so confused. I told him originally it was, but now I'm not sure and I don't want to give him the wrong info and him end up with a huge charge on his next bill.

Also do you get it through your verizon account or is it just an app you download. Sorry like I said I'm on Sprint so I'm not sure of these things.
    you add it on the online account. some VZW agents dont know about it.

IT IS STILL FREE
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    my wife and i both have pre+'s. the mobile hotspot is free on both our phones.
  4.    #4  
    awesome thanks guys. I just didn't want to give her the wrong information and her end up with a weird charge. I let her know and she's gonna check her account this evening. Is it just a box that you check on the account or something? Also does it begin working immediately or does it wait until next billing cycle?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
    awesome thanks guys. I just didn't want to give her the wrong information and her end up with a weird charge. I let her know and she's gonna check her account this evening. Is it just a box that you check on the account or something? Also does it begin working immediately or does it wait until next billing cycle?
    worked immediately in mine
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I heard it's 15 bux now. Better check again.
  7.    #7  
    Is that $15 a month or a one time fee?

She said she went on to her account this morning and searched for it but couldn't find it anywhere.
    You go to change or add to your plan. It's still free.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Still free for me.
    I am not sure about verizon but i know MHS is free for me in sprint
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Please share? Is this with that Tethering thing cuz I can't get mine to work at all. Paid my money and nothing.
    It is still free, but up to 5 GB/month, so MAKE SURE she checks her usage from time to time! she will get charged if she goes over the 5GB limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Please share? Is this with that Tethering thing cuz I can't get mine to work at all. Paid my money and nothing.
    It's kind of amazing and amusing to me that people keep buying MyTether, I don't think the dev has shown his face for months.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html

This will, of course, require the use of WOSQI and a couple of programs/services.

I see they removed the link to the patched MHS...lemme see.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    same here.

@ cowgirl not really sure if we're allowed to discuss it any more. I think it's okay but can't provide links. It is not with mytether. just go to you tube and search install mobile hotspot on sprint pre. You should find everything there.

By the way thanks everyone I'll have her check the change or add to plan area on her account.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I sent you a PM that has everything you need, so you don't have to go rummaging through Youtube.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    malpha thank you!
    w@@tw@@t free free
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    It is still free, but up to 5 GB/month, so MAKE SURE she checks her usage from time to time! she will get charged if she goes over the 5GB limit.

btw dood... awesome avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It's kind of amazing and amusing to me that people keep buying MyTether, I don't think the dev has shown his face for months.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html

This will, of course, require the use of WOSQI and a couple of programs/services.

I see they removed the link to the patched MHS...lemme see.
    Does MyTether use the phone data or does that also get registered on the 5GB MHS limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Does MyTether use the phone data or does that also get registered on the 5GB MHS limit?
    MyTether uses the phone data, so it has no 5GB limit.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast